Healthy/raw lunches in London

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 25 February 2014 9.54am
At the weekend I went on a trek about to find decent healthy or raw places to buy my lunch and breakfast. I thought I'd be spoilt for choice with London being the foodie city that it is, but south of the river wasn't up to much. I did get to Chop'd, which someone on here recommended to me. The food was lovely, service was good and price was very reasonable for the amount and quality of food that I got.
Although they seem to have a couple of shops in the City, the Paternoster Sq shop had a real 'independent' feel about it.

Not really SE1, but definitely worth a try if you are ever passing a by one of their stores.

http://chopd.co.uk/ - they have a pretty good blog for healthy eaters, too
Tuesday 25 February 2014 10.01am
Are you connected to Chop'd?
Tuesday 25 February 2014 10.17am
What a load of astroturfing b*****ks. Please don't take us all for idiots.

Furthermore it's illegal - under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 - to pose as a customer of a business you work for or represent in a professional capacity.

Welcome to the hall of shame of businesses who think that lying is a good way to attract customers.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 25 February 2014 10.22am
There are some raw food ideas at http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/raw-or-healthy-takeaway-lunches-in-london.cfm although Gary83 seems to have already discovered that forum too.
Tuesday 25 February 2014 10.23am
If I were connected to them, I wouldn't bother posting in an SE1 forum and more to the point someone on this forum posted their link to me in a previous thread. If anyone is connected, surely it would be them??

Wow - what a friendly community!!!!!!
Tuesday 25 February 2014 10.28am
But Gary83 - you write a blog for them.

Your website is their blog?

Se here.

Or had it slipped your mind? - oh and your fave food is salads.
Tuesday 25 February 2014 10.29am
I've reinstated the text Gary deleted from his original message above.

Gary's email address suggests he has more than a casual affinity with Chop'd.

Furthermore I'd put money on him being the same Gary who writes the Chop'd blog he takes pains to praise in his opening post, as well as the same Gary named as the contact for various Chop'd press releases, and who retweets praise for Chop'd on his Twitter account.

Tuesday 25 February 2014 10.37am
It's also worth noting that the Paternoster Square branch of Chop'd, which Gary claims to have discovered on his weekend walkabout, is only open Monday to Friday.

Tuesday 25 February 2014 10.37am
Gary83 wrote:
If I were connected to them, I wouldn't bother posting in an SE1 forum and more to the point someone on this forum posted their link to me in a previous thread. If anyone is connected, surely it would be them??
Wow - what a friendly community!!!!!!

We ARE a friendly community. Doesn't mean we are stupid as well. Poor copywriting btw, I used to do a much better job before I turned my back on the industry and got a proper job.
Tuesday 25 February 2014 11.35am
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd chip in seeing as my name is being taken in vain.

Just to clarify my name is Gary Dalton and I'm the one that writes the occasional blog post for Chop'd and is included on some of the press releases.

I'm certainly not Gary789 and I don't know who this person is and why they've got the Chop'd blog within their profile.

We are trying to find out who it is and what connection they have with Chop'd if any. Agree it does look dodgy however.

All the best,

Gary
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: