Intensive driving course

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 2 March 2014 9.02am
I'm looking to do an intensive driving course - one of those learn to drive in a week/ten days type of things. Time is of the essence, as I need to be passed (fingers crossed) by mid April. Has anyone done one of these that they can recommend? Is there a driving school that anyone thinks is particularly good? I saw the recent thread about Cindy, but wonder if a one woman band will be able to teach me in the time given. All advice soonest v welcome. Thanks!
Sunday 2 March 2014 11.32am
I signed up for one of these and chose a company in Bromley because I didn't fancy driving all day in London. I didn't complete the course for a couple of reasons: There was a sudden heatwave and it was unbearable sitting in a tin can for so long. I was exhausted every evening; not even an experienced driver wants to spend five hours behind the wheel every day. There was just too much to take in and not enough time to reflect and relax. I would not recommend a one week course. Perhaps if you have a one hour lesson every day for a couple of weeks first and then have the rest over three or four days that would be managable.
Sunday 2 March 2014 10.27pm
Noel Gaughan of intensivecourses.co.uk gets a lot of positive media attention fr teaching Adele and soe of One Direction but I can confirm that he teaches mere mortals too. I spent many an enjoyable (and stressful) hour earning from him a few years ago. At the time he was operating from E1 so fairly close. No connection other than that which I have disclosed.
Monday 3 March 2014 7.55am
My wife is having lessons with Cindy and is progressing really, really well. Cindy has an obvious knack when it comes to teaching people to drive. I dont know about her availability, but my wife has been having one or two lessons a weekso I assume she has some.

Other than the fact my wife is having lessons with her (and im paying!) I have no affiliation withCindy and have actually never met her and have only spoken to her onthe phone once.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: