One Trinity Street Site

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 4 March 2014 3.05pm
Anyone have any idea when the Squatters who have occupied One Trinity Street will be required to move on?
They come an go from the site without a care in the world.
Tuesday 4 March 2014 4.00pm
What's the objection?

Are you so keen to see some property developers make it into flats that 99% of people can't afford?

It's been empty for years (since, shock horror! Mayfair Carpets actually made good on their promise of years, and closed down for real). The current state of the building - as far as you can see from the outside - is not noticeably different from what it's been like ever since the carpet shop closed down.

The developers have been touting that development for years, but haven't done anything with it. Not even when the premises were empty. I don't think that it's the presence of squatters that's preventing them doing anything with the site.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 4 March 2014 4.24pm
I would rather the site was developed rather than being left to become an eyesore!

The developers have admittedly put in several planning applications which have successfully been rejected due to their scale/inappropriate design.

Hopefully, they will submit revised plans shortly which would benefit the area - with the appropriate contribution to the Council for social benefit.
Tuesday 4 March 2014 10.06pm
EWJ1974 wrote:
...Hopefully, they will submit revised plans shortly which would benefit the area - with the appropriate contribution to the Council for social benefit.

More likely they will plead that the current financial woes worldwide mean that their own viability studies show that providing a significant contribution in the name of on-site affordable housing or offset cash for Southwark would seriously limit their chances or raising funding to go ahead and build. Usually works with the Planning Committee - see Heygate.
Wednesday 5 March 2014 11.38am
EWJ1974 wrote:
I would rather the site was developed rather than being left to become an eyesore!

In which case, why not lobby the developers, rather than complain about the squatters?

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 5 March 2014 1.49pm
The developers who have a sign on the building say they are no longer responsible for the building. I assume it has been sold and a new proposal may be some time away.

The current squatters seem considerably better neighbours than the previous occupants. It' definitely preferable to a building site followed by any of the schemes so far proposed!
Thursday 6 March 2014 11.47am
It was sold again in October at auction. I remember seeing it as the guide price seemed an implausibly low 650,000 - however, it went for 1.7m. Apparently sold on instruction of receivers.

http://www.auction.co.uk/commercial/LotDetails.asp?A=820&MP=84&ID=820000022&S=L&O=A
Sunday 17 May 2015 11.20pm
New design: https://instagram.com/p/2q4uQeidtz/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 28 May 2015 3.34pm
Actually looks not too bad, James. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
Friday 29 May 2015 1.54pm
This new design looks great
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: