Great Suffolk Street club night revellers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 9 March 2014 8.15am
eamy taxi driver at 0630 this morning was not a happy bunny at getting stuck in a group of revellers at the junction of union st and gt suffolk street

he said an ambulance was also there due to a fight

stay classy
Monday 10 March 2014 2.17pm
The presence of this club has caused a lot of noticeable noise disturbances throughout the area. Parking is mental, and all that is associated that it attracts. But it's not open every night. The LSE dorm on Pocock Street is worse.

The problem with this area now is the disproportionately high number of very young people that either live, or flock to the area. Have you seen the size of the new dorm that is set to open on Union / Ewer Street? It's going to be mental. This used to be a very very quiet area. Peace is something that other areas are able to seemingly buy. Trinity St got their traffic through way closed a long time ago, even though the junction at Borough is getting very bad. And those around the Potters Field area managed to close down the once in a lifetime public gatherings during the Olympics. But in this neighbourhood, planning permission has gone a bit whacky. But this is what happens when your council makes a student village in your neighbourhood...
Monday 10 March 2014 3.15pm
I think in the past the Council has certainly not done enough forward planning about where to best locate them but as a concept they are necessary. A well designed and well located halls of residence is infinitely better than absorbing them into the existing rental apartment/house market. Large areas of Leeds and other university cities have problems caused by that.

They certainly get packed in due to London Plan rules on density of development. Ken Livingstone brought those in (and is proud of it) and Boris has retained them - these affect land values hugely - the Council has little say in the rest.
Monday 10 March 2014 3.18pm
It's not just an SE1 thing.

London is growing from 7m in 2000 to 9m in 2020 or thereabouts - again promoted by Ken and Boris' London Plan. They wouldn't move here if they didn't have somewhere to work and live and these policies plan for huge development.
Monday 10 March 2014 5.22pm
Looking at the state of the road this morning it looks as if there was a lot of people there!
The street was littered with flyers, burst balloons and those bullet things that make soda streams work!!!
Monday 10 March 2014 5.32pm
I noticed the posters as well. The "bullets" are there almost every weekend. I wonder how this affects the guests in the the Premier Inn. Lenny Henry must be spinning under his duvet!
Wednesday 12 March 2014 9.41am
EWJ1974 wrote:
Looking at the state of the road this morning it looks as if there was a lot of people there!
The street was littered with flyers, burst balloons and those bullet things that make soda streams work!!!
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
I noticed the posters as well. The "bullets" are there almost every weekend. I wonder how this affects the guests in the the Premier Inn. Lenny Henry must be spinning under his duvet!
I think the bullets are Nitrous Oxide rather than Co2...

Nitrous Oxide New Story Click here

Life's too short live it!!!

D x

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: