Long Lane humming noise

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 9 March 2014 3.55pm
Hi
Anyone else notice the loudish constant humming on long lane. It sounds like the aircon equipment from the bermondsey square hotel. It comes and goes - it's loud now for instance and always comes on at 4 am!

It's loud enough and constant enough to be driving us mad! I've registered it with the council but they have ignored me so far.

Is it the hotel? Anyone else notice it?

Thanks
Sunday 9 March 2014 6.12pm
This is so odd,we have the same problem in Waterloo rd,every morning at 4:15 ish.

It is driving me mad!

We have a councillor on the case,but I have thought of ringing the noise team to get them to turn up at the time it comes on,i'll see how it goes with the councillor but I think it's an option.I would of thought if the noise team hear it from a home/premises then they would have to act and do some detective work.
Sunday 9 March 2014 7.16pm
Got it in Lancaster Street at 4.15am too! Very loud!
Monday 10 March 2014 9.38am
Sounds like a Sci-Fi plot. Ever seen Dark City?
Monday 10 March 2014 9.46am
Same issue with the air/con of the Sungard building at Southwark St - blasting its noise into the Peabody Estate directly into the bedroom windows of residents during the night, even this building is empty.

Also, nothing is being done about it. Neither by landlord nor Sungard itself - as if we are not human and don't deserve respect / a decent night sleep.
Monday 10 March 2014 9.22pm
I am having the same problem in Trinity Church Square. I'm in a basement flat.
Sometimes bad during the day but normally starts around 3.30 am in earnest.
I've kept a very good diary of the noise (boring but true!) if anyone needs back up info for the council.
Tuesday 11 March 2014 5.03pm
Just a thought, but could it be ventilators for the tube line? We had something similar from the Rotherhithe Tunnel last year whilst they were working on it at night.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network