Electric hot water boiler installer

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 11 March 2014 1.19pm
I need a recommendation for a reliable and professional boiler installer.
I have a Gledhill hot water unvented cylinder that needs replacing very soon.
reply on this forum
Many thanks
Tuesday 11 March 2014 6.51pm
Are you sure it needs replacing? That would be an awfully expensive exercise. A Gledhill cylinder is made of stainless steel and should last for decades, especially an electric one with no heat exchangers to furr up. However any unvented cylinder does need regular servicing for safety's sake if nothing else. The things that might cause problems are the heaters, thermostats, pressure relief valves or expansion vessels. All thse can be replaced or in the case of the expansion tank re charged in the case of a Gledhill.

For a job like this I'd call up Pimlico Plumbers or someone of that ilk. Not the cheapest, but whoever services it needs to be NICEIC certified, which is completely different to the sort of CORGI/Gas Safe registration needed for boilers. WIth a pressure cooker in the airing cuboard whatever is done needs to be done right in case it explodes!
Wednesday 12 March 2014 8.54am
Greatly appreciated your your valuable response.

Many thanks
Wednesday 12 March 2014 8.59am
my advice would be not to use pimlico plumbers who are very expensive and advised us to change something that did not need doing

ring the manufacturer or the boiler and ask if they can recommend someone locally who knows the system and works on it on a regular basis thats what i have done recently and it worked well
Wednesday 12 March 2014 9.07am
Thank you for your reply

Will contact Gledhill direct.
Sunday 13 April 2014 3.04pm
Hello,
I have just replaced a Gledhill boiler in surrey keys and the owner is over the moon with the price and service - he'd be happy to let you see the finished product (i even remodelled the shelving in the cupboard to maximize space at no extra charge because i take pride in my jobs).
I design power stations for a living and this is my "hobby" so I am extremely competitive: it may help you or not, but I can only do these jobs at weekends.

All boilers including these can corrode, not all are stainless steel. Happy to show you the job i've done and inspect yours for free, when i can most likely assess if it needs replacing or can be serviced as borouhbloke rightly suggested (thermostats, leaky joints, heating elements etc) (I need to accumulate the first good reviews / get known in the area!) and quote you.

If interestd please do call me!
Marco
07766 057 847
Thursday 15 May 2014 8.39am
Hi orazio,
How did you get on with this. I need a Gledhill looking at too so interested to know your experience?

thanks
Nick

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: