Dog fouling

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 18 March 2014 12.36pm
I've had a lot of complaints about inconsiderate dog owners, around Balaclava Road and Reverdy Road.
I asked the environment team to spray some stencils
Click here
Please let me know if you are having a similar problem in your neighbourhood.
The stencils are not perfect, but they make the point, and wear off after a few months.
Tuesday 18 March 2014 12.38pm
It's often a tiny number of people doing this, could we stencil the sign on their heads?
Tuesday 18 March 2014 12.41pm
I live on Reverdy Road and dog fouling is a constant problem. I am forever having to dodge my three (6 and under) children and the pushchair around it, or leap in and out of the car to avoid stepping in it. I would say I am cleaning dog dirt off one of the kids shoes at least once a month. Please push for one of these stencils to be sprayed by the tree in front of no. 62 Thank you.
Tuesday 18 March 2014 1.02pm
Zoe wrote:
It's often a tiny number of people doing this,
Agreed. It's usually dogs.
Tuesday 18 March 2014 2.16pm
This is also a problem on Camilla Road, a few blocks east.
Tuesday 18 March 2014 2.48pm
Guy's street wrote:
Zoe wrote:
It's often a tiny number of people doing this,
Agreed. It's usually dogs.

Usually, but not exclusively unfortunately.
Tuesday 18 March 2014 7.26pm
I agree Edward and people poo is always more distressing to see!

However I of course meant people not cleaning up after their dogs, which is highly annoying anti social behaviour and only takes a minority of people to make life a misery for the rest of us. It's good to see some steps taken to try to tackle it.
Tuesday 18 March 2014 8.16pm
I'm all for doing whatever to stop this - it's a massive pet peeve of mine. But do the stencils actually work? If the stats say so, than great. But the piles I dodge with my two children every day, very close to the stencils, suggest otherwise. Is it worth a debate around other ways to eliminate this problem? On the spot fines if caught for example? More frequent street cleaning? Greater patrolling of community wardens? A combination of those and other ideas?

Not only is it beyond disgusting, but massively unhygienic. And as more families with small children move in, the greater the need to be more proactive.
Tuesday 18 March 2014 11.03pm
I've asked various people in Southwark about this. Believe me, my Liberal sensibilities are tested to the max with this type of litter - talk to any wheel-chair user for their stories.
Council staff and councillors tell me they prefer education to enforcement, i.e. it's difficult to prove, however this company in the US seems to have a solution.
Tuesday 18 March 2014 11.22pm
I Love dogs. Fouling is down to selfish dog owners not cleaning up after their pets, how hard is it to have a poopy bag in your pocket or in some cases and the dollops I have seen - a bin liner. They should be prosecuted full stop. Most dog owners are responsible but the few spoil it. There is another phenomena around SBR owners picking up the poop in a-said poopy bag and then hanging it like some demonic black Christmas bauble from a fence/tree.... what is that about?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: