Extent of Crime in Cathedrals Ward

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 18 March 2014 7.22pm
Hi Everyone,

I am a student at the London School of Economics across the Thames. I am currently conducting a geographical study of Cathedrals Area in Southwark and was wondering if any locals or commuters to the Cathedrals ward have any inputs.

Cathedral's ward statistically has a significant higher rate of crime than both Southwark and the greater metropolitan areas of London according to Police Recorded Crime Data.

My specific research approach is investigating whether Perceptions of Crime Restrict Use of Public Space?

If anyone is interested in discussing this topic, feel free to comment on the questions below:
Are there particular areas that you or others feel are particularly dangerous/unpleasant?

Do any particular structures influence your perceived threat: parks? Housing estates? Built up areas? Shopping streets? Tube stations?

Have you heard of any recent criminal activity?

Do you alter your behaviour based on the threat of being victimised?

What improvements would you make the public feel less at threat to criminal activity. increased street lighting? Increased police patrolling?

Therefore, if anyone has any perspectives on this topic, I would be greatly interested in hearing their opinions and even perhaps engage in discussion.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: