Dockhead PC Shop Is Big Let down

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Thursday 20 March 2014 8.47pm
Took pc to the shop in Tooley Street, Dockhead shop to fix our pc. After having it for two days was informed, sorry, no cant fix it. Yet the shop in Rainham Essex who we used to take it to could always fix problems, so I rang him and he said, yeah sure I can do it. So now we will have to struggle with it on public transport from Bermondsey to Rainham in Essex to get it repaired, as we No longer have a car of which of course was easy then to get there. There seems to be no good computer places around here. Replies welcome.
Thursday 20 March 2014 9.12pm
I think others have commented positively about Modern Computers on the Old Kent Road, which is more or less opposite to the junction with East Street. I've never used them, but they've been there for many years.

In layman's terms, what seems to be the problem with your PC?
Friday 21 March 2014 10.31am
This is an unnecessarily negative post on a local business.

To summarise - you gave them your PC, they tried to fix it, and couldn't... and were pretty honest - saying "we can't fix this"... rather than trying to sell you a huge number of parts or similar.

What have they done wrong there? It doesn't seem like they have charged you money, but tried to help you.

You are then judging their performance as being bad because some random shop in Rainham, who you spoke to on the phone, and haven't actually seen your PC, think they might be able to fix it? How do you even know for certain they will not reach the same conclusion as the shop on Tooley Street....
Jac
Friday 21 March 2014 1.03pm
My thoughts exactly Se1lurker. Now if the shop in Rainham had since fixed the said PC and said it was an easy fault anyone should be able to do so then it might have been more reasonable complain as it is we just dont know if in fact it can or can not be repaired.
Friday 21 March 2014 6.48pm
I am totally disappointed, they left the hard drive out of the machine completely after they removed it and just stuck it on the table separate to the covering, When you give things in they should be returned the same with everything back in its place. Not with parts all over the place. And as for the defending of the shop, everyone to their own view but this is mine as a customer, and I wonder if a few here are maybe employed by the shop to place comments, because a view of a customer be it positive or negative that they are entitled to their opinion. Without the customer there is no business. Simple! I have no more to say I am annoyed.
Saturday 22 March 2014 7.45am
Does it really seem likely that people who've been on this forum for 5-10 years are just stooges for a PC repair shop? Ludicrous.
Saturday 22 March 2014 8.50am
This is so ridiculous - the shop tried to fix your PC but couldn't - that is actually good honest service, rather than charging you to look at it or attempt to fix it - and suggesting that some forum users work for the shop has made me laugh this Saturday morning - is it April 1st yet ? !
Saturday 22 March 2014 9.44am
How can we tell who is who or what they are when they hide their real identity behind their forum tab ?

Ladywriter is upset about her treatment from the PC repairers and hasn't voiced her opinions well ( I hope she has taken note of Gavin Smith's suggestion) but please don't start a collective mocking of her.
Saturday 22 March 2014 1.07pm
Without knowing more about the PC and what's wrong (I'm assuming from the struggle but that it is a desktop) I'd not comment on how repairable it is, but some from manufacturers like Dell and HP are much harder to economically repair than others because of the sheer number of proprietory parts. It's not uncommon in my experience with work machines for the hard drive to be left out of a machine considered beyond repair since that makes it easy to migrate data off it and onto a new machine.
Saturday 22 March 2014 5.29pm
I cant be bothered with this no more. Bye.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: