Queen Elizabeth St Tesco Express

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 18
Tuesday 25 March 2014 8.04pm
I've heard that the Ex Lovage Restaurant on QE St is to become a Tesco Metro. This can't be true can it? The Circle Store has been there for around 20 years - please tell me Southwark Council are not going to allow Tesco to come in & take their trade? I've boycotted it before it's even fitted out !
Tuesday 25 March 2014 9.24pm
Not heard of this. But makes sense, given the loads of new flats being built right on Tower Bridge. Hope it's true!
Tuesday 25 March 2014 9.41pm
If true, much more likely to be a Tesco Express than a Metro, I'd say.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 25 March 2014 10.24pm
Whilst I am a very good customer of Tesco, this is too much. How many Tesco branches do we need? Their latest offering on Jamaica Road is frankly cr*p.
Tuesday 25 March 2014 11.00pm
With the Tesco on Tooley Street, the Circle Store, Waitrose just across the bridge and even Surrey Quays Tesco relatively closeby this would be completely pointless. I hope it's not true.
Wednesday 26 March 2014 12.57am
Let's not forget the "high end" grocery store at One Tower Bridge which was discussed at the Berkely Homes meeting with Shad Thames residents before the development was built. It was mentioned that the corner of Tooley St/Tower Bridge Road would be the ideal site. Also Waitrose are looking to increase their presence in the convenience store market ........
Saturday 10 May 2014 12.13pm
Lady who runs the Circle Store told me today it will be a Tesco by the end of this year. What with 2 new hotels and a load of new flats within 5 mins walk - they will make a killing.
Wednesday 4 June 2014 8.17am
BSB, did she mean the Circle store would be a Tesco?
Wednesday 4 June 2014 8.34am
No. She was commenting on the Lovage Tesco.
Thursday 5 June 2014 2.16pm
I'm still hoping it doesn't happen
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 18

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: