Hiring mobility scooters

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Zoe
Tuesday 25 March 2014 11.05pm
Does anyone know where I can rent one? I have searched for ages but the only places I can find do longer term rentals or are ridiculously expensive. I am wondering if I am using the wrong search terms as it seems odd I can't find any locally.

I would be grateful for help with this!
Tuesday 25 March 2014 11.30pm
There used to a shop in Southwark Park Road that sold them. Maybe they rent them too.
Zoe
Wednesday 26 March 2014 7.18am
Thanks Gavin, I'll have a look.
Wednesday 26 March 2014 8.42am
Zoe the down the Blue were not honest with my cousin, she rented a wheelchair from them, she is still paying! she could have bought 3 the amount her Mum has paid! make sure they clarify every detail..I know the
Red Cross help with wheelchairs etc. how long do you want it for and I will ring around for you, I need a project to keep me occupied today! lol
Zoe
Wednesday 26 March 2014 1.21pm
It'll be a long weekend (I know that often it's a minimum of a week) and she will need a medium sized one. I would be really grateful if you could call around for me, that would be great. A scooter means I don't have to push her around (like when I took her to the Alhambra, I learnt my lesson from that!).
Wednesday 26 March 2014 3.20pm
The cheapest one I have found is 1 week to 4 and it's a modest 32.00 per week BUT the delivery and collection charge was horrendous. 150.00 Pounds! is you feel flush with lolly the number was 0800 111 6234 and thats for a pride GoGo ES818. I love the Alhambra and would not be able to do it now...will keep looking!
Zoe
Wednesday 26 March 2014 9.56pm
I found the same thing, that the rental might be cheap but the delivery was terrible, it's why I wanted to find somewhere locally. Thanks for ringing around for me.

The Alhambra had terrible disabled access and all the ramps had a little lip, it's not really wheelchair accessible if there is a small step on the ramps!
Thursday 27 March 2014 12.49pm
just had a thought Zoe, ring the Southwark Disabled Association,10 Bradenham..0207 701 1391 the man there Gary, he was helpful to me a few years back..or may even know someone who could lend you one?
Thursday 27 March 2014 1.37pm
Zoe

have you tried these?

http://www.mobilitygiant.co.uk/
Thursday 27 March 2014 2.25pm
Dee i want the one that looks like a harley davison! I went on that site and spoke to a nice young lad who said its a minumum of 6 months, which is a shame for Zoe, but a great site for me to look at..memo to self must buy a crash helmet!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: