Are there elections soon?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Friday 28 March 2014 2.40pm
is it me, or has this site been hijacked by political activists over the last few weeks? Wouldn't be the Lib Dems electioneering would it?
Zoe
Friday 28 March 2014 3.07pm
Well, that's sort of expected in an election! I find it positive that councillors are willing to talk to us, even where I strongly disagree such as Cllr John's plans for Blackfriars Road. We don't generally get much opportunity otherwise.
Friday 28 March 2014 3.13pm
For the first time ever I shall be voting for a party other than Labour.

Carry on.
Friday 28 March 2014 3.18pm
I also welcome active participation in the forum by candidates and councillors of all parties (so long as they are upfront about their affiliations).

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 28 March 2014 3.28pm
it wasn't the obvious candidates I was referring too…their posts are far too long for me to read! just couldn't help but notice the recent number of posters with gripes against labour...
Friday 28 March 2014 3.35pm
I think you have to take them all with a pinch of salt. However, there are some of them that post on here at non-election times too. Despite some earlier misgivings, I shall be voting Lib Dem because, at a local level at least, they are very effective.

The elections are occurring sometime in April, not long after the half term, I think, because the school is closed so that it can be used as a polling station.
Friday 28 March 2014 3.40pm
The local and European elections are on Thursday 22 May, just before the start of half term for most schools.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 28 March 2014 4.28pm
shaggy wrote:
it wasn't the obvious candidates I was referring too…their posts are far too long for me to read! just couldn't help but notice the recent number of posters with gripes against labour...

After 4 years there's gonna to be gripes, forums always have had a lot more readers than posters. and sometimes things trigger readers to post more. nothing new.

Draper House is an issue that brings me back to the Forum regularly, and while I'm here I might as well do something! Until blocked by the mod!

Lib Dems...well, they are silly because 1/3rd of a target vote group have an income c.£10,000 and there's no further benefit to them once the personal allowance reaches £10K. And they (as Government)let council rents go up 20% in 3 last three years wiping out any gain. Then there's fuel bills, TFL / travel increases and so. We are so much worse off in London. Lib Dems have become rural?

"The Lib Dems Heartless Nationally, Hopeless Locally" Southwark Labour are saying...isn't there some truth in that?
Tuesday 1 April 2014 9.16pm
there seems a massive anti-labour council groundswell on these forums and an equally strong anti-lib dem one as well. who can disaffected voters turn to in order to cast a "plague on both your houses " vote? surely not Ukip or the cons? maybe a low turnout this year?
Tuesday 1 April 2014 10.06pm
i dont know which party to even consider voting for
read so much about all three major ones doing things i am not happy with
and the little ones are pretty useless to use my vote on it appears
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: