Southwark Poisoner (book)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 3 April 2014 9.05am
Hello everyone!

I'm an ex-Southwark girl, having spent my childhood there. I attended Trinity House School, now the Globe Academy, in SE1.

My book on the Southwark Poisoner, George Chapman, has just come out in paperback.

It's the true story of the landlord of the Crown, Borough High Street, SE.1. who was arrested for poisoning his young girlfriend in 1902 and found to have also killed his two previous lady-friends. He was hanged in 1903.

Whilst on Death Row he was suspected of being Jack the Ripper by the very chief detective inspector who had charge of the Ripper murders.

My book has only been out a few weeks, and has already received over 20 5-star reviews on Amazon!

The book is called "Jack the Ripper At Last". It's available in paperback and on Kindle.

If you would like a personally signed and dedicated copy, please contact me direct.

To find out more about this book, please click this link:

http://hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

I'm giving a public talk this Saturday 5th Arpil, under the auspices of the Whitechapel Society. It's at the Bell in Middlesex Street, starting 7.30pm.

If there is a local history organisation in SE1 who would like to invite me, I am available for public talks in the subject.

Helena Wojtczak
http://hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html
Tuesday 8 April 2014 9.35pm
Hi again

Can anyone recommend a place in SE1 that might sell my book? When I was researching, the JH Library sold local history but they have stopped now.

Helena
Friday 11 April 2014 9.47am
Hello ... can anyone actually see this thread? I'm starting to think it's invisible. Have I posted this in the wrong section? Can admin tell me what's up?
Friday 11 April 2014 10.45am
Yes we can see the thread!!
Friday 11 April 2014 10.48am
Thanks for replying, Pops. Thought I was the invisible woman!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: