Ducks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 4 April 2014 10.10am
Walking down Redcross Way yesterday afternoon i'm passing Pattison Hse and out from the gate, that leads to the grass of PH, come a line of 5 Mallards, bold as brass they carry on along the pavement all in a line, I stopped to see if they would fly off but no, they waddle off along the pavement towards the little parade of shops, never seen anything like it, was funny.
Friday 4 April 2014 10.27am
There are some ducks that regularly hang out just near Bermondsey station in front of the flats on the junction of St James Rd and Jamaica Rd. No pond or anything nearby, they just seem to like it there!
Friday 4 April 2014 11.40am
There is a notice in Red Cross Garden to say that ducks have been nesting by the pond there

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 4 April 2014 1.40pm
James Hatts wrote:
There is a notice in Red Cross Garden to say that ducks have been nesting by the pond there

Ahh that would explain it, they wasn't going that way though, they must've fancied a stroll...or waddle.
Friday 4 April 2014 7.46pm
Maybe the café in the small parade of shops or someone in that vicinity feeds them. A nice sight to see in this area, I shall look out for them.
Friday 4 April 2014 9.13pm
Yes I thought that Eileen, in which case it may be the same time every day, it was around 3pm.
Friday 4 April 2014 9.45pm
There's a hotel in Orlando that used to have this tradition..
http://www.wsmv.com/story/24256821/peabody-ducks-retire-to-jack-daniels-distillery
Zoe
Saturday 5 April 2014 6.37am
Fair community housing have developed some ducks, perhaps all this rain has been encouraging them (maybe "nice weather for ducks" is true).
Sunday 6 April 2014 9.03am
Brendan D wrote:
There's a hotel in Orlando that used to have this tradition..
http://www.wsmv.com/story/24256821/peabody-ducks-retire-to-jack-daniels-distillery

I've seen the duck "show" in the Peabody Hotel, on Union Ave. Memphis TN.
Twice per day 5 or 6 ducks emerged from an elevator, (well, it was America), and waddled on a red carpet across the lobby to a man made pool, where they slithered in, paddled around, then hopped out and waddled back to the elevator.
The tourists loved it, the Japanese almost jostled one another into the pool in an effort to take photos.
Tuesday 8 April 2014 12.31am
On my estate Longfield we get the same 2 ducks that come on here for about 2 months every year...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: