Anyone recommend a handyman please?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 7 April 2014 8.47am
Can anyone recommend a local handyman please? Extractor fan in bathroom died. Have got a new one that's correct size etc, just need someone to fit it into ceiling and connect the electric wiring. Might have a few other small jobs too but that's the priority.
Thank you
Monday 7 April 2014 2.15pm
I have used Terry at London handyman for a number of jobs recently, started off just getting a cat flap fitted, now he has pretty much decorated the whole house, changed doors, fixed and fitted lights, repaired fencing. He is a handyman, but also works with other professionals - electricians, carpenters etc for more complicated jobs. He is diligent, honest, punctual and reasonably priced. I feel really happy with his work. His number is 07989 020831 http://london-handyman-services.co.uk

BUT - do seek out other recommendations and references. I have used people recommended on this site and been very disappointed, and in one case practically ripped off, do be careful.
Wednesday 9 April 2014 7.15pm
Mm , just looked at the london handyman website. Prices seem a bit steep and noticed they charge congestion charge and any parking fees on top ?
Sunday 13 April 2014 3.37am
ooer matron!
Sunday 13 April 2014 2.54pm
Hello,
I live in empire square since 6 years and have gained a reputation for sorting all my neighbours handyman jobs :-) i have replaced huge quantities of failed extract fans too.

I do these things preferably on saturday (during the week I design power stations...) and as it is a "hobby" I charge extremely competitive rates. If interested, do call me!
Regards
Marco
Tuesday 29 April 2014 1.50pm
Just to let you all know I'm very much available for work in SE1 and beyond. Many more references earlier on in this thread.

Lots of references here:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/169874/page=3

BenTheHandyMan
07922 745161.
Zoe
Tuesday 29 April 2014 7.12pm
I need a bath fitted, is that a handyman job or do I need a plumber? It doesn't look complex, just really fiddly.

I appreciate this isn't an SE1 query, so apologies for wandering off subject!
Tuesday 29 April 2014 8.39pm
It's probably too late for the original poster, but my extractor fan has died a couple of times and both times I got Rory to replace them (same model so a relatively simple task). His details can be found on this forum. He charges 40/h.
Wednesday 30 April 2014 6.37am
You could always try using Task Rabbit. Search 'Task Rabbit' online. Local assistance, and much cheaper than some handyman services.
Thursday 25 September 2014 7.23pm
Dear All.

I'm available for handyman work in SE1. 35 an hour. No call out or congestion. Please see my Google reviews below. 07922 745161.

https://plus.google.com/100448164703350292448/about?hl=en&gl=uk

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: