Ministry of Sound Site

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 7 April 2014 5.42pm
A pre planning proposal seems to have broken cover.

http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/construction-managerCM2?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.construction-manager.co.uk%2Fagenda%2Flondons-towers-height-fashion%2F#2942

Scroll down the simulated mobile screen to see The Blades as the two 40 story towers have been named.
Tuesday 8 April 2014 4.21am
That's VERY interesting. Surely after all their battles to fight off the buildings in the vicinity, the MOS aren't really going to cave in and sell out...on the other hand I wouldn't put anything past them.
Tuesday 8 April 2014 5.39am
The site is owned by Ministry so no caving in required.
Tuesday 8 April 2014 7.28am
My point is that the MOS has claimed for YEARS that their site is sacrosanct and any suggestion that they move elsewhere was anathema, hence their relentless attempts to scupper any development within a mile. So now it's a possibility that they sell their site and YES relocate..
Cynical in the extreme.
Tuesday 8 April 2014 12.04pm
Ministry are not moving (the club bit anyway). They are redeveloping the two buildings on Newington Causeway that they also own. Their offices currently occupy the ground floor of the hideous 60s lump on the corner so I suppose they will be relocated (at least temporarily) while the site is redeveloped.
Tuesday 8 April 2014 12.50pm
But the MOS insisted that any building close to their club will expose them.to noise complaints,hence their opposition to Eileen House . So if they develop their OWN site, which is even closer, do the same considerations not apply?
Tuesday 8 April 2014 1.38pm
The development went ahead with soundproofing and on the understanding that residents of the new building would signs something to say they understood there would be noise. It was these conditions which MoS long fought for and I would presume something similar would apply in these developments.

Personally I think the 1950's building on the corner is rather nice.
Tuesday 8 April 2014 6.33pm
MOS wanted the new flats om Gaunt St. to be soundproofed and with lease clauses that prevented incoming residents objecting to noise from MOS. That's what they got. It would be fair to assume the same rules will apply to their own development and to the Newingron Triangle development.
Friday 11 April 2014 7.47pm
But surely it isn't just about noise? Residents could make complaints about a plethora of concerns around anti-social behaviour ...are they going to "sign something" to waive their rights there too? And what when people sell on, will the "agreement" still be valid? This all seems a bit weird
Saturday 12 April 2014 6.51am
Nothing wierd about it. If punters going to the club are not actually breaking the law, the residents will not be able to complain about the noise and amount of activity. The clause will be written into the lease and will apply when the property is sold on in the same way that the clause that says the residents will have no right to a resident's parking permit is sold on where a setion 106 agreement is written into the lease, deeds or rental agreement on new properties.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network