36 for Juniors to play football in our parks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 10 April 2014 5.50pm
is this the price of "free" swimming? Adults? Cheaper to go out for lunch. Disgraceful.
Link to Southwarks Fees to play sports in Parks

No wonder our 1/4 size pitch is so popular!! And they wont maintain it either.
Friday 11 April 2014 8.02am
Well we are constantly being told that the young are lazy couch potatoes and need healthy excercise fees represented do not help the would be healthy! How much was Tabard Park pitch? Why wont your little pitch be maintained? what reason do they give?
Friday 11 April 2014 8.17am
Jan, about 18 to 88 for 60 mins at Tabard, not sure how much local kids from nearby homes would pay, but would be good to know.link to tabard prices jpeg
Friday 11 April 2014 7.55pm
Crikey hhrca, thats seems an awful lot to me, are there changing rooms...showers....soft fluffy towels to be washed! lol

I wonder how the cost is justified?
Friday 11 April 2014 8.02pm
I agree it is a high price, but this is a charge levied for organised junior football (i.e. Saturday tournaments or school tournaments) where parents are paying 4 or something similar for their child to participate. My son was taking part in something similar in Southwark Park.

I agree though that local kids should have free use of the pitch for "unorganised" football and ball games. Lazy couch potatoes need healthy exercise!
Sunday 13 April 2014 8.33pm
There are small groups organised for the very small would be footballers, 4-6 and 7-9 if anyone would like details they can pm me...2.00 an hour from 9-10am saturdays 4-6 year olds ,and 3.50 for 7-9 year old..from 10am to 11.30...Weather permitting either in the Hall , or Kingstairs Gardens.
Sunday 20 April 2014 7.15pm
Kids and adults can use the lovely footy pitch in The Marlborough Playground for free when it is not booked for league matches. I would contact Bankside Open Spaces Trust for details. I think the league games are in the evening judging by the booking website Marlborough league booking site

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: