Great plumber in SE1!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 10 April 2014 6.05pm
Dear All

Had a nightmare with Pimlico Plumbers. They came out and quoted 3 hours to replace 3 taps. 5 hours later, they hadn't finished and the bill was over 600! Worst of all, they hadn't finished the job so we had no water in the bathroom for two weeks and when I emailed them, they basically called me a liar!

After a quick look on here, I found Darren from DCH Plumbing (07915 615 988). He came round with Wayne, his colleague and they quickly connected up the taps. There was a minimum charge of 75 but when someone turns up within 2 hours and does the job well, I don't mind even if it is a small job!

My hot water boiler is getting quite old, so I am going to get them back round again as they were fantastic! I wish all tradesmen were like this!!!
Friday 11 April 2014 9.38am
I've used Darren a couple of times over the last few months - he's replaced a kitchen tap and also swapped one radiator and replaced a valve on another.

All jobs I had quotes from other plumbers who made a real song and dance about the work that needed doing. Darren came round to look, said it would be no problem and got on with all jobs.

The kitchen tap in particular was urgent as the old one just broke off one morning meaning we couldn't use the kitchen tap. He came round that same morning and sorted it in a couple of hours.

I'd highly recommend him and Wayne.
Sunday 13 April 2014 9.29pm
I would second that! Darren and Wayne turned up at short notice, fixed the leak from our dishwasher and were very reasonable!
Thursday 17 April 2014 8.38am
I wish i had the same experience, Darren came to fix a couple of problems. At the time all seemed well, price included but a couple of days later i realised my leak wasn't fixed. I spent a month arranging dates with Darren, which he'd cancel or not turn up for (even when i called him earlier that day to remind him).. so hence I'm back on the forums looking for a plumber. Darren seems a bit like Easyjet to me.. good if it all works out, but when it doesn't, your left high and.. well not so dry. Apologies for the pun..

Sam
Thursday 14 August 2014 12.44pm
I just wanted to let everybody know that I had a very good experience today with Darren Hanratty of DCH Plumbing. He honoured his appointment to fit a replacement thermostat shower valve, and I am very happy to have a working shower again in a clean & tidy bathroom. He comes from Deptford, which is not too far, and charges 75/hour. Darren's contact details are (M)07915 615988 (E)dchplumbing@yahoo.co.uk

No connection, just a happy satisfied customer.
Friday 15 August 2014 9.55am
If kgab6124 is looking for an alternative to Darren, my landlady uses Steve Bryant. Do a search on this forum, as he has been recommended before. I don't know prices, though, so you would have to check.
Note he is on holiday at the moment (called him the other day to ask him to recommend an appliances engineer...).
Steve's number is 07734 051 303
Friday 15 August 2014 11.28am
Emilie G wrote:
If kgab6124 is looking for an alternative to Darren, my landlady uses Steve Bryant. Do a search on this forum, as he has been recommended before. I don't know prices, though, so you would have to check.
Note he is on holiday at the moment (called him the other day to ask him to recommend an appliances engineer...).
Steve's number is 07734 051 303

Steve has done work for me and I have no hesitation recommending him as well. When he was busy recently he gave me the number for a plumber based in Bermondsey who use to work with him, also reliable and reasonably priced. Happy to pass on details by pm if you can't get hold of Steve.
Friday 15 August 2014 12.37pm
Another recommendation for Steve Bryant. He inspected a hot water system on a flat that I was in the process of buying a few years ago and gave me honest and accurate advice. I seem to recall him telling me that he was focussing on heating rather than general plumbing, so probably not your man for a general plumbing issue but for heating issues, I'd highly recommend him.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: