Leroy Street closed tonight (Friday)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 11 April 2014 6.32pm
Police and ambulance both present and bikes laying in the road.

Hope no one is to hurt
Friday 11 April 2014 6.37pm
Rothsay Street and Webb street are also closed, which seems strange for an accident to have happened in Leroy Street.
Friday 11 April 2014 7.08pm
I live directly opposite the crime scene, which currently consists of blood on the pavement and other detritus such as tissues.

I had just been about to leave my building when I saw from my window a man staggering along the pavement, another man in front of him trying to help and shouting for tissues. The staggering man was bleeding from the head, quite heavily, it would seem. The police arrived almost immediately and started to offer first aid. I don't know what happened next because, not wanting to stand and gawp, I made my way towards Lidl, as originally planned. Returned to find the street cordoned off, although the police let me back in.

My best guess is that perhaps there was an altercation at The George pub, but that's pure conjecture.
Friday 11 April 2014 7.15pm
Sounds awful. Thanks for the update
Friday 11 April 2014 10.01pm
We asked a policeman at the Rothsay Street cordon what had happened. He said, "An incident. A stabbing." I don't know where or other details, but if that is true, sad news for our neighbourhood.
Sunday 13 April 2014 10.17am
I saw a trail of blood, on my way to Tesco, seems to start near the Pagoda.
Tuesday 15 April 2014 4.43pm
It happened at the cash point next to Tesco. He was hit over the head with a bottle. The guy tried to get home, he lived on the estate next to the park on Leroy St were he collapsed before the police and paramedics came

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: