Drug Addicts Southwark Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 13 April 2014 10.10pm
FYI, there are groups of drug addicts, usually in 3s for some reason, using the garbage enclosure adjoining the car park opposite El Vergel on Southwark Bridge Road. Day or night they'll be in there, or hanging around the door and they don't look like the kind of people you want to bump into. So if you use that as a cut through to Gt Suffolk St, stay frosty after dark.
Sunday 13 April 2014 11.22pm
They're probably homeless. It's a very sad fact that many homeless people, often Eastern European, are living in bin cupboards these days. Nevertheless, it is intimidating to local residents and passers-by. If they are drug addicts, used syringes and sharps are a hazard to everyone else.
Wednesday 16 April 2014 1.35pm
When the 51 room St Mungos homeless unit is finally finished on Great Guildford St, they should be able to find a bed there for the night.
Thursday 17 April 2014 12.16am
I couldn't say if they're homeless or not but they are definitely doing drugs in there. One of them has a mobile phone he uses for a light source. There is even a slightly more organised looking person who meets them there who I presume is dealing. Sorry if I come across as a curtain twitching obsessive just I see them a lot!
Thursday 17 April 2014 8.11am
No need to apologise longspaces, it's a natural concern. Nobody wants to see gangs of what appears to be drug users hanging around their neighbourhood. Locals just need to be vigilant - users can be unpredictable when on drugs.
Thursday 17 April 2014 9.45am
Surprising choice of location for dealers as police cars/vans are often parked around there (on the cycling lane most days).
Thursday 17 April 2014 1.25pm
Worth noting I have seen(and reported) people sleeping under Lake House on the other side of SBR

You can try contacting No Second Night Out - http://www.nosecondnightout.org.uk/ although they do seem to expect that you know jujst about everything there is to know about a rough sleeper (including their name and telephone number!)before taking the report seriously.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: