Hej Coffee Bermondsey Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 16 April 2014 9.29am
Just when, on another thread, Boroughpaul wondered where the "Shoreditch/Hoxton style" coffeeshops are, I ran into Hej Coffee on Bermondsey Square. I had a terrific cortado and the place looks very promising. Staff were very friendly and told us that they will soon serve lunch as well. A great addition to the square and neighbourhood.

(no connection other than living very close by)
Wednesday 16 April 2014 9.48am
Hi Maurits that sounds good. whereabouts ? where the bookshop used to be?
Wednesday 16 April 2014 4.02pm
It's on the corner of Bermondsey Square and Tower Bridge Road, in one of the Georgian houses.
Wednesday 16 April 2014 8.09pm
The 'Green House' - and, yes, I enjoyed my two visits. Erik and Elk is cute, too :p
Thursday 17 April 2014 12.14pm
Lovely coffee, nice vibe, and deeply dangerous cinnamon buns. V welcome addition to the neighbourhood.
Thursday 17 April 2014 3.25pm
Philpotts24 wrote:
The 'Green House' - and, yes, I enjoyed my two visits. Erik and Elk is cute, too :p

Did they make you walk with a limp?
Saturday 19 April 2014 2.11pm
Very nice people running it and the Swedish meatball lunch is delicious.
Tuesday 22 April 2014 11.48am
It is great, although no customer toilet, so not ideal if you want to spend a decent amount of time there (e.g. working, as I was yesterday). I managed to charm one of the staff to let me use the staff toilet, but my partner wasn't so lucky!
Wednesday 23 April 2014 5.27pm
I've enjoyed a couple of very decent flat whites there (Kiwi barista knows his stuff) and I second the cinnamon bun warning - they are far too delicious. Shame about the lack of loos, the 'public' ones on the side of the hotel only ever seem to be open when the markets are on.
Wednesday 23 April 2014 10.37pm
Been there twice since opening and they are a very welcome addition. Lovely staff, good coffee and pastries. No ramp for buggies or wheelchairs due to being in a conservation area (surely that's illegal?!) but they very kindly offer to help.

Not had any problems with the loos either - there are some for patrons....just go through the doors to the right of the counter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: