Wanted: a dog to borrow!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 24 April 2014 3.10pm
Hello, neighbours!

I am currently at home a lot and would love a canine companion to take on short local walks and to give lots of cuddles to, either at my home or yours.

I live near Tower Bridge in a clean and safe flat with a balcony. I do not have any children.

I previously looked after my neighbour's dog over a period of 18 months until she relocated and now there is a Dachshund-shaped hole in my heart I would like to fill!

I also have spent a lot of time with Setters, Labradors, Spaniels and mixed breeds (pedigrees and rescue dogs alike) through family and friends and would love to meet any kind of dog who enjoys human company and interaction. I understand the importance of sticking to a dog's dietary regime and allowing the same freedoms/maintaining the same rules that are in place at the dog's home.

Please contact me if you think we could help each other out so that we can arrange to speak and hopefully meet.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Nina

PS Just to be clear, I am not offering professional dog-walking/-sitting services.
Thursday 24 April 2014 8.43pm
My daughter mentioned something about dog borrowing on facebook so I googled and.....

http://www.borrowmydoggy.com/
Thursday 24 April 2014 8.50pm
Hi Boroughonian!

Thanks so much for your help - very kind of you!

I actually discovered that website just this week so have signed myself up. It's absolutely brilliant! The only problem is that its location tool gives pretty imprecise info as to the other person's address so you can only work out logistics by asking them outright in a message and borrowers have to wait to be messaged by owners so it may take me a while to get matched up with a local and willing pooch, which is why I thought I'd give posting here a go too :)

Thanks again,

Nina
Friday 25 April 2014 3.08pm
There is someone in Shad Thames with a Dachsie puppy. I'll see if I can get them to look at this website
Friday 25 April 2014 3.16pm
Hi Sarah,

Oh how exciting! Thanks so much! I will message you my contact details so that your friend can get in touch if they're not signed up on here :)
Friday 9 May 2014 1.38pm
Hi - We have an older labrador who would benefit from additional company (and we would benefit from knowing someone locally who could sub in for us from time to time).
Friday 9 May 2014 1.48pm
Hi Svanders,

Thanks for your message; lovely to hear from you! I will send you my contact info.

Many thanks,

Nina

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: