Found - A Sum Of Money This Morning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 8 May 2014 8.42am
I found a sum of money this morning in the London Bridge area. If you have lost it I would be happy to return it to you. Please PM me with the details of what you have lost and when and where you think you may have dropped it.
Thursday 8 May 2014 10.47am
Well done Urbanite!
Thursday 8 May 2014 11.52am
That's the spirit Urbanite.

I dropped my wallet outside London Bridge station on Boxing Day a few years ago.

A lovely lady picked it up and called my bank to let them know it was found, and took it to the police station in Peckham for me to collect.

Couldn't track her down to thank her unfortunately.
Thursday 8 May 2014 12.12pm
Well done Urbanite!

About 15 years ago, when mobiles weren't as sophisticated/protected/traceable as they are today, my then flatmate found a very expensive phone which he knew to be popular in The City. We were in the last throes of our rebellious, anti-establishment twenties, so we were a bit surprised when he announced that he would try and track down the owner. When we asked why, he answered that whoever lost it was probably in some senior management position, might take out the loss of their phone on their subordinates, shop assistants, basically anyone they'd communicate with that day, making their day miserable as well and cause some negative domino effect. By returning the phone, he hoped to achieve the opposite. I always thought that was such a brilliantly positive way of thinking that I still try and apply it whenever I can.
Thursday 8 May 2014 12.28pm
Nice one urbanite ... not mine
Thursday 8 May 2014 12.58pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Well done Urbanite!
About 15 years ago, when mobiles weren't as sophisticated/protected/traceable as they are today, my then flatmate found a very expensive phone which he knew to be popular in The City. We were in the last throes of our rebellious, anti-establishment twenties, so we were a bit surprised when he announced that he would try and track down the owner. When we asked why, he answered that whoever lost it was probably in some senior management position, might take out the loss of their phone on their subordinates, shop assistants, basically anyone they'd communicate with that day, making their day miserable as well and cause some negative domino effect. By returning the phone, he hoped to achieve the opposite. I always thought that was such a brilliantly positive way of thinking that I still try and apply it whenever I can.

7 or 8 years ago I found a phone no the pavement just outside Kings Cross, where the old Thameslink entrance was. Luckily it wasn't locked, so I went in to the address book and called the number listed as 'home'. A lady answered, and it turned out it was her husband's phone.

She contacted her husband's PA to get the message to her, and her PA in turn rang me to arrange collection. He was obviously a bit of a high flyer and even called me himself to thank me and offered me a reward.

The funny thing was, as I was on my train that evening, just after I'd spoken to his wife to let her know I'd found the phone, I missed a call on the phone and there was a voicemail message. I saw the missed call was from 'home', so I listened to the message in case it was for me.

Turned out it was his wife calling him to let him know someone had found his mobile phone!
Thursday 8 May 2014 1.18pm
Urbanite! You are a star!
Friday 9 May 2014 10.47am
Erm *blushes* thanks guys for the big up but only doing the right thing. Life is hard enough these days even if you don't have unhelpful mishaps and losing money really isn't very nice. There's enough "legitimate" things trying to part us all with our cash without something like this happening so I'm hoping the person comes forward and I can re-unite them with their cash. Appreciate all the kind thoughts.
Friday 9 May 2014 11.15am
urbanite wrote:
Erm *blushes* thanks guys for the big up but only doing the right thing. Life is hard enough these days even if you don't have unhelpful mishaps and losing money really isn't very nice. There's enough "legitimate" things trying to part us all with our cash without something like this happening so I'm hoping the person comes forward and I can re-unite them with their cash. Apprecitae all the kind thoughts.

Of course if the owner never turns up we expect you to buy us all a round ;)
Friday 9 May 2014 12.25pm
Have you reported this to the Police urbanite - I believe you can still hold onto it literally whilst still doing this so if the owner does look for it they have a wider forum than just this forum ( and for the third time and just for fun of it.....forum ).
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: