Minutes of Meetings

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 8 May 2014 1.57pm
Would be grateful for any advice/help with regards to the minutes of meetings.

My query concerns minutes of meetings (in relation to an EGM that was held with regards to the block of flats that I live in).

I understand that it is only courtesy that the minutes of a meeting be circulated as soon as possible, but is there a law/regulation that states how long after the meeting should those minutes be circulated by?

Thanks and regards
Thursday 8 May 2014 5.48pm
if this is a tenants and residents association, i don't think there are 'regulations' as such, from what i remember, the notifications about the agm need to be sent out a month beforehand, ideally the minutes would be sent out as soon as after the meeting but even the council (who have paid staff to do these things) do not just never send you minutes of, say, community council meetings when they send the invites out, those same minutes are only published a week before the next meeting, and not soon after the original meeting.
(ps others, possibly more involved in tenants organisations, may know more)
Thursday 8 May 2014 9.18pm
It really depends on the rules of the individual TRA, but obviously remember that TRA's are run by volunteers and most people just don't get around to typing them up, rather than deliberately not doing them (in my experience).

You might want to offer to take over doing the minutes, I find that's a good way of getting things done in the timescale you want (but maybe I'm just a control freak)!
Thursday 8 May 2014 9.46pm
Thanks to you both for your valued advice. It is always good to get the opinions of others. Being involved sometimes means that you can't see the woods for the trees.

Friday 9 May 2014 12.07am
True. And the paper minutes are printed on comes from trees of course. Unless they're in electronic format.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: