Queen's Arms Spa Road - closed for good?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 8 May 2014 8.27pm
I'm due to move into a flat nearby very soon, and I can't help but notice that even though the Hermitage apartments seem to be the old pub, the facade has never been changed. I find this odd if these are apartments and the pub is gone forever.

Does anyone know whether the Queens Arms might reopen?
Thursday 8 May 2014 8.36pm
I'm also intrigued as although I think the pub's gone forever - but don't know for sure - I've often wondered why the fašade is still in situ, as are the old pub curtains. Someone will answer, I'm sure.
Thursday 8 May 2014 8.43pm
I saw some works going on in the basement a couple of months ago. It seems to now be living quarters. Not sure where else there'd be storage for a pub to reopen.
Friday 29 August 2014 10.16am
Anyone any idea on this? Sorry to bump it up but I'm sure someone must have heard...
Friday 29 August 2014 2.14pm
I saw builders in the main area at the ground floor entrance about a month, maybe six weeks back. Looked like they were doing a conversion to me.
Saturday 30 August 2014 10.17am
welcome to the hood! it is one of the mysteries of spa road along with "will the empty shop in bolanachi building ever be rented out?" ~where did the brazilian hairdresser go~ will spa terminus ever be spruced up and the rubbish cleared up? will there be more hipster beer pop ups?

I hope the pub doesnt become a tesco
Saturday 30 August 2014 11.58pm
There's already a Sainsburys going into the Exchange.

If by Spa Terminus you mean the Dockley Road industrial estate (?) where all that rubbish collects, opposite the new apartment block, then yes, it's being knocked down and new housing is being built there. So it will be cleared up...

And there is another brewery starting up, but its on Druid Street and west of TBR. Southwark Brewing Company I think its called.
Sunday 31 August 2014 12.16am
I really like spa terminus and the traders there - I hope they arent moved out (especially addicted to pedlars rye sourdough) but it is often quite disgusting and dirty in and around it.
Sunday 31 August 2014 3.55pm
It's a working industrial estate opposite a building site, of course it's going to generate some waste. I dont think it's that bad.

They are renovating more arches in there at the moment and they're nearing completion. I imagine that the rents are higher in the arches than the Dockley Road buildings, so I guess we'll see who makes the cut. Once that industrial estate gets knocked down, I think the idea is to replicate Ropewalk / Lassco somewhat, with a narrow walkway of arches on one side and then retail units on the other side with apartments on top.

It'll be a shame to see some traders inevitably go but I am glad they are renovating more of the arches for light industrial use.
Sunday 31 August 2014 11.27pm
I've been hoping it will reopen since we moved here, but I doubt it... Having flats worth over a million right opposite, I somehow doubt it will ever be given permission to reopen, even if someone wants to run it.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: