Local elections

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 10 May 2014 8.35pm
I'm surprised by the number of local councillor candidates who I can't find online... i.e. appear to have no info on a webpage or any visible online profile. As I have received very little info through the door so far it feels that only a couple of parties are actually interested in wooing my vote. As a postal voter the window of opportunity to influence my voting closes very soon... I understand that not everyone can afford to leaflet every address but an online presence costs little. Am I expecting too much?
Saturday 10 May 2014 8.49pm
Here's my blog.
It's like a history of the last four years of my life.
http://grahamneale.mycouncillor.org.uk/
Enjoy!
Sunday 11 May 2014 7.38am
I agree with you there, I do a postal vote to and have nothing from any party to promote or woo me to vote. May be Royal Mail are still delivering the flyers?!!!
Sunday 11 May 2014 8.15am
I saw Eliza Mann knocking on people's doors during the week.
Sunday 11 May 2014 10.54am
here's what we published a few weeks back (updated since, and will continue to update with any leaflets we get, we're in camberwell though, so if, when you get any flyers, you can send them to us, that'd be great, thanks - message me for email)
x
http://www.peoplesrepublicofsouthwark.co.uk/hold-news/news/3435-local-elections-at-a-glance
Sunday 11 May 2014 10.57am
I take it back Lib Dems knocked this morning, gave me a leaflet! Let's see if any if the others knock
Sunday 11 May 2014 1.52pm
The Southwark Green Party website has a page of profiles of local candidates - no mention of East Walworth ward. I suspect that the timing of postal voters catches people out as it's so much earlier. Don't understand people not even having a basic online profile though.
Monday 12 May 2014 11.57am
We've had all parties barring UKIP on our doorstep...

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Zoe
Monday 12 May 2014 12.06pm
We have only had one visit, I feel very left out!
Monday 12 May 2014 3.25pm
The Lib/Dems and Labour are really trying hard here in Lambeth SE1, each of them must have visited three times so far.
I hide from them because I know who I will vote for based on their previous tenure of office.
Fortunately I haven't been bothered by the Tories or UKIP, perhaps they are going to join forces and make a mad rush on polling day.

It does look like it is going to be an interesting election and the pundits will be all over the place in their conclusions.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: