Borough Market goes WiFi

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 15 May 2014 2.20pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/7573

"..."Now that visitors can get online whilst walking around the market, there are no excuses for not being able to find your favourite stall or discovering something new as you can now log onto our website or tweet us as you shop."..."

What's the world coming to...hell in a handcart...etc.

Who are these people who might be wandering round a market, baffled by the sudden disappearance of their favourite stall, and who would choose to look it up on the internet rather than ask someone, or look around?

Perish the thought, but if Mrs King's Pies suddenly evaporated I think I'd ask the guys next door at Sillfields, rather than googling for it or tweeting my distress.

...if you press it, they will come.

Related news & features

Thursday 15 May 2014 3.10pm
That should make for an interesting sight, hundreds of tourists walking around staring at their iPads or smartphones. I am sure it will increase sales.
Thursday 15 May 2014 3.47pm
It's so people can not just take pictures of piles of apples, but instantly share them on social networks. It's actually a brilliant piece of marketing from Borough to attract in more people to take pictures of piles of apples.
Thursday 15 May 2014 4.40pm
Fair enough. I often forget what I'm doing, and have to post something on facebook to remind myself what I'm doing, so I suppose I can understand that.

Thursday 15 May 2014 4.50pm
exigo wrote:
It's so people can not just take pictures of piles of apples, but instantly share them on social networks. It's actually a brilliant piece of marketing from Borough to attract in more people to take pictures of piles of apples.

And fish. Many of them like to take photographs of piles of fish.
Thursday 15 May 2014 6.41pm
Another reason to stay away from Borough Market on Saturdays. I agree with Ivanhoe: I can't see any value in this.
Thursday 15 May 2014 7.47pm
I have to say that I occasionally pop over during the week, just after rush hour, to indulge in a small plate of oysters. There's hardly ever anyone there and the asian chap who seems to be running the place is very friendly and knowledgeable.
Friday 16 May 2014 6.45am
And now you'll be able to tweet while you eat! What fun!

Friday 16 May 2014 7.05am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
I have to say that I occasionally pop over during the week, just after rush hour, to indulge in a small plate of oysters. There's hardly ever anyone there and the asian chap who seems to be running the place is very friendly and knowledgeable.

Sure, Edward, during the week is absolutely fine. It's just Friday afternoon and Saturdays that are daunting.
Friday 16 May 2014 9.05am
maurits wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

Sure, Edward, during the week is absolutely fine. It's just Friday afternoon and Saturdays that are daunting.

Oh, I know, I am just re-discovering BM as a place that, tourist free, can still be quite enjoyable. Not like the old days, when you could buy a 5 ltr. can of Virgin Olive Oil for a tenner, but still.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: