Helicopters

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 15 May 2014 10.25pm
There has been constant low flying helicopter's over South Bank all tonight , does anyone know what's happening as it's rather annoying now I'm trying to sleep .
Thursday 15 May 2014 10.29pm
I'm further away but I can hear them too.
It is REALLY annoying.
Stuff here: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/181661
Thursday 15 May 2014 10.57pm
It seems the duo have been around for a few hours now - not sure what for though.

Chinook has only been over twice tonight and yesterday it was around for the City Road Artillery Company open day.
Thursday 15 May 2014 11.02pm
My son saw them dive from the Chinook last night and was worried it was terrorists so I had to reassure him that they wouldn't be sky diving into London with red smoke coming from their feet !
Friday 16 May 2014 12.32pm
Just so you know, I did query with the Civil Aviation Authority once about night-time helicopter flights; after being woken up several nights on the trot. Unlike scheduled passenger aircraft flights-there are no night-time restrictions on them or private jets etc as to what time of night they can or can't operate. One reason why, sadly I'd never live on the Thames riverside (like I can afford to!) which seems to be the route all helicopter traffic around here follows
Friday 16 May 2014 3.36pm
There are restrictions on helicopters flying over London although I don't know what they all are but I do remember reading that helicopters must fly no lower than 500 feet and must fly over the Thames at least on the East/West route. How far that extends I have no idea.
Friday 16 May 2014 3.43pm
There's a good summary of the rules for helicopters in Central London in this PDF.

500m is the prescribed minimum from any other object.

Single engined helicopters must fly along the Thames to minimise any damage should they crash. Multi engined helis can overfly land.
Friday 16 May 2014 7.23pm
don't know what breed of hellicoptai but were driving me mental last night
Friday 16 May 2014 7.29pm
Thebunhouse wrote:
There are restrictions on helicopters flying over London although I don't know what they all are but I do remember reading that helicopters must fly no lower than 500 feet and must fly over the Thames at least on the East/West route. How far that extends I have no idea.

I had also heard that they are meant to fly along the Thames and not over houses etc , they don't . I live on Coin Street and have helicopter's buzzing around over me most days .
Sunday 18 May 2014 12.59am
Inked Mink wrote:
Thebunhouse wrote:

I had also heard that they are meant to fly along the Thames and not over houses etc , they don't . I live on Coin Street and have helicopter's buzzing around over me most days .

Did you not read Truthmonkey's post above before you posted?..... "Single engined helicopters must fly along the Thames to minimise any damage should they crash. Multi engined helis can overfly land."
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: