Charity shops close to Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 19 May 2014 1.57pm
Hi all, does anyone know of any charity shops close to Shad Thames? I've got loads of clothes I would like to donate.
Monday 19 May 2014 2.54pm
I asked the same question recently on here, and was advised to go the The Manna Centre, 6 Melior St, London SE1 3QP, which I did - they were very grateful of my clothing donation. Its just behind London Bridge station
Monday 19 May 2014 3.06pm
Thanks Otter
Monday 19 May 2014 3.20pm
That's handy to know. Ours often end up north of the river, as they have a couple of handy FARA shops that are open on Sundays, but Melior Street might be a good alternative.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 19 May 2014 3.38pm
There is a charity shop on Tower Bridge Road, just opposite Tesco.
Monday 19 May 2014 3.54pm
There's also a charity shop in Albion Street, Rotherhithe:
http://www.upmarketat48.co.uk

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 19 May 2014 8.16pm
There is a charity shop in the Parade of shops in Jamaica Road . Not too far from Shad Thames.
Tuesday 20 May 2014 12.40pm
There's also a Traid clothing bin on Lafone Street.
Google Street View link
Tuesday 20 May 2014 3.34pm
Thanks all, appreciate the help
Sunday 25 May 2014 7.13am
There are clothes charity shop collection points on Shad times for Scope. I also go to Mind and Sue Ryder on Southwark park road (so not too far walk from you) and mix a trip in with going to the blue market, Vinh Pah and St James Turkish Supermarket. Sue Ryder have been great and sent me a thank you note afterwards updating me on how much my donation had raised for them and what this meant! They take all sorts, Mind didnt take books as "no-one reads round here do they; they are all into texts n that?" Sue Ryder took the books.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: