Fireworks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 21 May 2014 10.00pm
Staggering off to bed and blasted by a rather good display between ITV and NT. Any idea why? I know the Nt has an anniversary. Alan Bennett canonised. Who knows?
Wednesday 21 May 2014 10.14pm
Yes - fab fireworks. As good a Lord Mayor's! What a nice surprise.
Wednesday 21 May 2014 10.38pm
For the launch of Miss Saigon, apparently.
Thursday 22 May 2014 9.23am
Did they have helicopters ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 22 May 2014 2.00pm
For the launch of Miss Saigon? In that case, why did it have to be so late, and mid-week? I'm sure the noise woke some people who had to get up for work today. I know it woke up, and scared, an elderly lady who I spoke to at the poling station today.
Thursday 22 May 2014 2.30pm
Karen I wrote:
For the launch of Miss Saigon? In that case, why did it have to be so late, and mid-week? I'm sure the noise woke some people who had to get up for work today. I know it woke up, and scared, an elderly lady who I spoke to at the poling station today.

it was so loud my flat rocked, i was trying to get to sleep having had to shut the windows due to drunken revellers in the street then the joy of fireworks... i thought they were much closer to home. i moved to my street cos it was quiet, i guess not anymore

it doesn't seem a very appropriate tribute to something with a vietnam connection...can't wait for Assad the musical
Thursday 22 May 2014 5.51pm
The display started around 10.30, I suppose they have to wait for maximum darkness for the display to be so dramatic.

I thought it was a spectacular display.
Saturday 24 May 2014 12.33pm
Dammit. Missed it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: