New Bermondsey cocktail toilet bar on Tower Bridge road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 24 May 2014 11.23pm
I am a fan of new business and am a big supporter of quality food, drinks and goods. I do not mind paying ' a bit extra' if I am pleased with the products purchased. But please make an effort! If I am charged between 8-11 pounds for a cocktail, make it with care, and make sure it tastes like something you'd wish to drink - rather than something you cannot stomach. The venue is great - staff are great. Sort out your cocktails and you will flourish. Charging customers those prices, you need to get the right training to staff to produce quality cocktails.
Sunday 25 May 2014 7.26am
hasn't it literally just opened? Did you tell them this on the evening? Isnt 8-11 the going price for a cocktail? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I really don't like posts like this when the business has been open less than a week or two, especially brand new independent local businesses; give them a chance! similar things were said on this forum about Antico's when it first opened and I personally prefer going there to Zucca now and it took me ages to go there because of disparaging remarks on here about various aspects they ironed out. The impact of a damning online review, no matter how throw away to the poster (granted you support food & drink) can have very dramatic effect on business these days.

This is a brand new venture in the area of our hood in desperate need of footfall and awareness. They bravely ventured off Bermondsey Street on to TBR into a venure that has been in disarray for a very long time. I welcome it with open arms and if I going to criticize the cocktails and prices I will do it on the night and hope to get another better tasting one for free.

Good luck Bermondsey Arts Club. Will join you for a drink very soon.
Sunday 25 May 2014 7.27am
hasn't it literally just opened? Did you tell them this on the evening? Isnt 8-11 the going price for a cocktail? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I really don't like posts like this when the business has been open less than a week or two, especially brand new independent local businesses; give them a chance! similar things were said on this forum about Antico's when it first opened and I personally prefer going there to Zucca now and it took me ages to go there because of disparaging remarks on here about various aspects they ironed out. The impact of a damning online review, no matter how throw away to the poster (granted you support food & drink) can have very dramatic effect on business these days.

This is a brand new venture in the area of our hood in desperate need of footfall and awareness. They bravely ventured off Bermondsey Street on to TBR into a "venue" that has been in disarray for a very long time. I welcome it with open arms and if I going to criticize the cocktails and prices I will do it on the night and hope to get another better tasting one for free.

Good luck Bermondsey Arts Club. Will join you for a drink very soon.
Sunday 25 May 2014 9.23am
FYI: I did complain on the night and said the drink was not good - the response: " No-one else complained". I was made another one (not free) and no comments on quality of that one. I did not Cristie the price. What I criticized was the quality of the cocktails. Different things.

I still stand by what I said: "The venue is great - staff are great. Sort out your cocktails and you will flourish". Hardly scathing is it?
Sunday 25 May 2014 8.57pm
I went there this evening. I loved it. Beautiful bar, very friendly service. The cocktail I had was called Bermondsey Garden and was delicious.

Highly recommended.
Sunday 25 May 2014 10.41pm
Great little venue. They're very proud of the fact the tiles are all original, though knowing this I was less inclined to lean on the walls. I really hope they do well. Has a nice speakeasy feel to it. I had a couple of cocktails, the negroni, which was good, and at least had the proper Punt e Mes treatment, and a tequila cocktail which was ill-conceived, but which they replaced without too much trouble. Looking forward to going again.
Monday 26 May 2014 10.25am
According to their web page, the nearest station is South Bermondsey, maybe they meant the Jubilee Line station Bermondsey, although perhaps they should have inserted London Bridge if they meant main line station.
I imagine that if you alighted at South Bermondsey, and were unaware of the No 1 bus route to TBR you'd be gagging for a Bellini by the time you walked to the corner of Grange and TBR!
Tuesday 27 May 2014 8.42am
the cocktails would want to be good to go anywhere near those mixed at 214 Bermondsey (downstairs at Antico)...although 8 to 11 quid makes them rather more expensive
Tuesday 27 May 2014 3.15pm
oerrr, get her ...
Tuesday 27 May 2014 7.51pm
Potentially a great addition to the area. Love what they've done with the place. But they need to improve their offering I think. Although cocktails these days are often 10 a pop, theirs are more expensive than both the Hide and 214 and neither as tasty nor as strong. Plus, charging full whack for a soft opening period seemed a little much to me. I think the fact that it is 4 for a soft drink says a lot about how they've got the pricing wrong!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: