emergency dentist out of hours

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
emu
Monday 26 May 2014 4.40am
My partner desperately needs an nhs emergency out of hours dentist (typically it is a bank holiday!):
NHS 111 number useless, number on southwark ccg site says ring 111, and understand kings/ guys emergency drop ins shut on bank holiday.

Can anyone help??
Monday 26 May 2014 6.11am
I was going to suggest Kings college Emu, they have a dental unit, have you actually rang kings? or the try the Eastman hospital perhaps? have you any codeine?
emu
Monday 26 May 2014 8.14am
Thanks jan - kings have a Christmas pre recorded message (??!). Will try the eastman now. My cocodamol stash from my recent surgery failing to help.
emu
Monday 26 May 2014 8.19am
Sadly the eastman shut on w.ends and bank hols and dont take acute walk ins. Anyone else able to throw out a crumb of hope?
Monday 26 May 2014 8.31am
There is/was an emergency dentist at Guy's that opens on bank hols. At least it did the last time I needed it in 2010.
Monday 26 May 2014 10.05am
could try a glass of brandy and a tramadol! thats stronger than cocodamol..
emu
Monday 26 May 2014 10.24am
Loving the advice jan! Thanks Gavin. From what we've been told Guy's dental emergency only for weekdays and not bank hols. Managed to get appt at Guy's walk in centre to get anti-bios.

Been told that southwark doesnt have any emergency nhs dental coverage (by 111 and gp). Outrageous if true! I feel a campaign coming on!
Monday 26 May 2014 11.16am
emu wrote:
Loving the advice jan! Thanks Gavin. From what we've been told Guy's dental emergency only for weekdays and not bank hols. Managed to get appt at Guy's walk in centre to get anti-bios.
Been told that southwark doesnt have any emergency nhs dental coverage (by 111 and gp). Outrageous if true! I feel a campaign coming on!

Have you called the Guys dental number, I know they are not open but i'm sure they give an emergency number on the answer phone message.

Or The new Mill st clinic website says for out of hours call 0208 299 5509 and they will direct you to appropriate services.
emu
Monday 26 May 2014 11.33am
Thanks so much for your ray of hope. Alas Guys number just ansaphone with no onward number. The new mill number goes straight thru to message which says seldoc no longer provides out of hours dental care and to ring 111. Sigh. Surely someone in southwark must provide something!
Monday 26 May 2014 9.24pm
24 hour emergency dental treatment, bank holidays and xmas day, 0208 748 9365, Liverpool Street seems to be the closest where they operate. No connection, just googled it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: