Coffee in Waterloo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 28 May 2014 12.50pm
Hi there,

My work's office is moving to SE1 - just off the Cut. Some of my colleagues are keen to support local coffee places in lieu of the big high street chains.. (for various reasons that I won't go into) Can anyone recommend some local, independant coffee places in the area?

Thanks in advance for any tips!
Wednesday 28 May 2014 1.23pm
The coffee at the Four Corners Cafe in Lower Marsh is undoubtedly delicious - if you can stomach the 'hipster' style they have adopted.

Greensmiths do coffee, too.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 28 May 2014 7.17pm
Zoe
Wednesday 28 May 2014 8.29pm
The small cafe on Hatfields is really nice, not sure about the coffee though as I'm a tea drinker.
Thursday 29 May 2014 2.42pm
Second vote for Four Corners - lovely coffee, even if it is, as James says, a bit self-conscious in its efforts to be funky.
Thursday 29 May 2014 3.16pm
lullylush wrote:
Second vote for Four Corners - lovely coffee, even if it is, as James says, a bit self-conscious in its efforts to be funky.

Querky place and great if you can get a seat!
Thursday 29 May 2014 3.21pm
There is another independent on The Cut opposite Cafe Nero called, I believe, Delicatessence or something like that. It does seem to be popular.
Thursday 29 May 2014 5.01pm
Tried Four Corners with a friend this afternoon. Coffee delicious, and my friend had a Lemon Sherbet tea and slice of cake. Thumbs up, and I am sure we will go there again.
Thursday 29 May 2014 6.45pm
for the opposite of a high street chain, try this tiny place on the Cut, almost across the street from Four Corners - it's called Scooter Caffe
http://www.wearewaterloo.co.uk/listings/scooter-caff
Thursday 29 May 2014 7.47pm
sorry, my last post should say Scooter Caffe is on Lower Marsh, not the Cut
(and lets see if the link comes through correctly this time)
http://www.wearewaterloo.co.uk/listings/scooter-caffe
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: