Massage on The Cut (Yong Kang Health Centre)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 4 June 2014 1.25pm
As the previous thread on this was shut, I thought it appropriate to start my own, having visited today.

Firstly - it's not a brothel. It's main raison d'etre is for massage, as evidenced by the numerous men, women and couples I heard arriving and making bookings or having treatments.

With that said, having gone for an hour of deep tissue massage (I normally go to Hypoxizone in embankment, but thought I'd try Yong Kang as it's 30 seconds away from my home), I was casually asked about half-way through if I wanted a 'special' or just a massage. Unless I'm very much mistaken, that sounds like the offer of sexual services. However, I politely declined and the massage proceeded as per usual, with no further misunderstanding. I can appreciate that some people might find that type of thing spectacularly awkward, but I thought it was pretty innocuous.

The quality of massage was pretty solid - the therapists are clearly trained/practised rather than simply being sex workers who give you a perfunctory rub-down with some oil.

Massage technique aside, the environment wasn't the best - the main reception was very audible (thin walls and doors) and my masseuse was interrupted a number of times - indeed, my masseuse was changed part-way through. They only take cash, and no card payments. The treatment rooms are clean and neutrally appointed. Floorboards and massage table were a bit squeaky, but seemed to quiet down after a short while. Prices for massage appear to be fair - 50 for an hour.

So, all in all, a bit of a mixed bag, and some people's suspicion are at least partially borne out. I'll personally be returning to my usual male masseurs (Hypoxizone or Real Thai Massage, both of which are extremely professional) ...
Wednesday 4 June 2014 1.53pm
This premises is currently the subject of a retrospective planning application for change of use to a massage parlour:

http://planning.lambeth.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=N39BLHBO67000

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Zoe
Wednesday 4 June 2014 3.46pm
Not to be naive, but are you sure a special is sex and not some massage thing? I think you need to go again and say yes to the special and see what happens!
Wednesday 4 June 2014 4.16pm
I went for a shave and hair trim in Bangkok recently and was asked by the woman doing it whether I wanted to have sex with her. When I politely turned her down 'Well actually, I just want my hair cut thanks' she got a huge sulk on and refused to touch my head. I had to take the scissors off her and do it myself whilst she stood there muttering about having had a bad day financially.
Wednesday 4 June 2014 4.40pm
Well seeing in BKK that sort of thing costs 3 you could have just gone to another one !

I hope the Cut does not get a massage parlour, completely out of place. However if they decide to stick it next to the Tesco Express then I fully support it !
Wednesday 4 June 2014 4.42pm
jinkazama wrote:
Well seeing BKK that sort of thing costs 3 you could have just gone to another one !

The "special" or the haircut?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: