Toddler friendly swimming pool?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 5 June 2014 7.38am
Hi. This is my first post, so sorry if it's in the wrong place. I'd like to take our 18mo son swimming at weekends, but struggling to find a pool that's warm enough and/or has a teaching/small pool. We tried Seven islands and the poor lad nearly froze to death! Does anyone know anywhere suitable please, I don't want to join a health club just for this, and most of them look down their nose at children anyway! Thanks.
Thursday 5 June 2014 8.34am
Have you tired Darwin court? it is not open weekends to public unfortunately so may not be what you want but is a small pool and a lot of mums with little ones use it

http://www.peabody.org.uk/media/2519/darwin-court-swimming-timetable.pdf
Thursday 5 June 2014 12.17pm
Not sure what the temperature is of the Circle Spa pool but they have/had 'water babies' there so I think it should be good. I believe kids hours are 3-5 however babies may be something separate, give them a call 020 7378 7112
Thursday 5 June 2014 1.07pm
the Queen mother centre in Victoria is also nice for little ones-if you are on the C10 route it is not too far
Thursday 5 June 2014 5.59pm
The council pool at Camberwell Green is really nice and has a separate kiddie pool. It was done up a couple of years ago and has family cubicles in the changing room too. If it's not too far from your side of SE1 then I'd recommend it.
Zoe
Thursday 5 June 2014 6.28pm
I've always found the pool at seven islands really warm, perhaps you should have a chat with them to see if they were having any specific problems at that time and give it another go (I'm presuming it is local to you). Otherwise I agree about camberwell, if it's not too much of a trek.
Friday 6 June 2014 11.54am
Try the Deptford Waves pool, beach like edge ie it slopes gently into the water. Very warm... a bit too warm for me really, but my 1yo loves it. NB it can get very busy.
Friday 6 June 2014 2.21pm
Also agree with dee dee. QMSC have a paddling pool for kids and their parents.
Monday 9 June 2014 8.52pm
Thanks so much everyone. We took him to the pool at Deptford and he loved it! Will try the others in turn too, but thanks for your help.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: