Dare I even whisper it ;-)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 5 June 2014 9.45am
A little birdie told me this morning that Waitrose are taking the empty Evans cycle shop on Waterloo Road (just south of the Sainsbury's and soon-to-be Tesco next door).

Obviously, it will only be a Little one but still.

This contradicts what James has said on an earlier thread about that space so let's see...
Thursday 5 June 2014 10.10am
There goes the neighbourhood
Thursday 5 June 2014 10.16am
graham wrote:
There goes the neighbourhood

Yup. Whatever next - a Fortnum's on the bookshop corner of Baylis Road.
Thursday 5 June 2014 11.01am
I increasingly enjoy the walk to the St Katharine's Docks Waitrose. I'd rather have a great bookshop than a small Waitrose.
Thursday 5 June 2014 1.29pm
I love Waitrose, but do we really need yet another supermarket? I've now got 2 Tesco and 4 Sainsbury stores within 3 minutes' walk. Not to mention M&S in the station and 5 mins away by the Bluefin.
Saturday 7 June 2014 11.24am
Who cares? The only thing that differentiates Waitrose from Tescobury's is that it is considerably more expensive. But, hey, if you are fool enough to pay the prices, then good luck to them.
Sunday 8 June 2014 8.29am
Customer care and service is the main difference and Tesco seem determined not to offer either , especially with good grace.
Sunday 8 June 2014 9.05am
Im not 100% sure on the street number but if it is 113 this planning app suggests a restaurant? A linked one also in for "financial services".. A bank branch? (Or bookies?)

Reference 14/02723/FUL
Application Received Thu 22 May 2014
Address 107 And 111 - 113 Waterloo Road London SE1 8UL
Proposal Change of use from Retail (Use Clas A1) to a restaurant (Use Class A3) on the ground floor level at 113 Waterloo Road and the basement of 107 and 111-113 Waterloo Road, with the installation of extract flue and a fire escape to the rear elevation.
Status Pending Consideration
Appeal Status Not Available
Appeal Decision Not Available
Sunday 8 June 2014 9.49am
If we are talking morality (these are supermarkets!!) Waitose clearly sits on the high ground as it is part of the John Lewis Partnership and consequently treats its staff with respect and its customers as intelligent human beings. Bring on a Little Waitrose!
Monday 9 June 2014 5.04am
ocado, still waitrose in a van ... and to your door!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: