Mint Street Park - Evening noise.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 5 June 2014 8.18pm
Mint Street Park.

There is a group of people who come to play football every weekday who are the loudest I've ever heard in years. It's only 5 a side. They also have an accompanying whistle boy, who blows his whistle 2-5 times every 10 seconds for 2.5 to 3 hours every evening. Everyone needs a hobby, but to blow a whistle for 15 hours per week is pretty sad. For me, in my home, it's becoming unbearable.

I never see any kids making use of this facility anymore because of the same group of guys. It literally is every day that I've been back in the evenings. I could probably accept the football, but the whistle has got to go. You can't rest in your own home.

Who supervises this playground these days? How do they go about booking that football pitch? I want to complain. Many years ago, there used to be a park keeper who used to look after Mint St and Little Dorrit Court.

Thanks
Zoe
Thursday 5 June 2014 9.00pm
Are you sure they are using the football pitch, as I've seen a group playing on the path, also with an annoying whistle. They could of course just be waiting for their turn on the pitch but my impression is that they only ever play on the path (blocking the path and blowing the stupid whistle, so doubly annoying!).
Thursday 5 June 2014 9.09pm
Shame they do not take advantage of the football for youngsters at Bosco...for a small fee youngsters and teenagers can be taught...I did put a number here for it some months back but cant remember when!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: