Relish Broadband

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 13
Saturday 7 June 2014 12.11pm
Anyone taken the plunge with this? I'm tempted since I'm lumbered with an exchange only line with no access to fibre anytime soon. Using Relish I could tell BT where to shove their line permanently and get faster broadband to boot.

https://www1.relish.net/athome
Saturday 7 June 2014 12.23pm
It seems to be a rebranding of this service:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/6332

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/173071

We had a demo of it in our office - it was quite impressive.

The low usage limits put us off from subscribing but I think the new Relish packages look a bit more flexible

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 7 June 2014 12.48pm
Yes, we tweeted this slightly old news this morning from 19/05 Relish tweet after checking for 4G coverage updates for a wide area Bermondsey/livesey/Rotherhithe/deptford

Key point is Relish's unlimited 'no cap' on data.

BT is also interesting with consumer roll out within about 12 months:
this link might take to the pic http://t.co/Mep2TL4lbt and check coverage at BT 4G coverage checker

All coming after our tweet about the internet, moon and Rotherhithe helped make a front page on Thursday! We tweet, they follow!

Our residents from far east use 4G+ services in their countries and find it works pretty well and does what they need to do. And mobile too. Latency is a reported problem: gamers won't be happy.

We also learn today that a fibre speed is not the same as a fibre service! Standby for a 2014 manifesto tweak!!
Monday 9 June 2014 11.42am
Looks interesting. I was looking for a new broadband provider so I've just signed up - I'll post when I have something to say about it. If it works like they say it will then it's worth the couple extra quid a month to not have to wait in again and again for BT engineers who don't turn up or balls it all up when they do.
Wednesday 11 June 2014 9.11pm
So far so good - I got the router the next day and I'm getting 13 - 30MBit connection with no drop-out. It's a bit more expensive (and faster) than talktalk, which I had before, but I think the big benefit is being able to move house and just take the router without a big line installation hoo-ha.
Wednesday 2 July 2014 9.05am
Hi,

Some news about a new broadband provider that does not require land line rental.

Just moved to the area and purchased Relish broadband. 4g, no landline required. 20/month.

Someone else on the forum had posted about it so I gave it a try. Router was delivered same day on a scooter!!! Plugged it into the wall and have had good download speed.... Watching World Cup on I player without buffering.

They say it's as fast a conventional broadband. I'm not a techy so can't comment, I checked my speed it was between 20-25 Mbps ?????

Hope this helps someone

Dave
Wednesday 2 July 2014 10.55am
I was going to post my feedback. We've recently moved and I've taken it up. First impressions good. However, when plugged in, discovered I could only get one bar of signal with the router outside the front door. It works okay with one bar of signal, but only 6mbps which isn't a patch on the 125mbps Virgin Media I was getting at our old house. Uploading speed is very slow though at 0.256 mbps, which if my maths is right is akin to dial-up.

I guess the issue is 4G coverage, which is patchy where I am (just off of TBR). As such, I'll have to reluctantly go with BT. I think it's a good product but until 4G coverage is improved it will not be for everyone. I fall into that category. I'm typing this message using it so not all bad. Glad to hear others are having a more positive experience.
Wednesday 2 July 2014 3.08pm
How does the speed people are actually getting (reece, Cosgraved, Gavin?) compare with what the Relish website promises for your location? - go to https://www1.relish.net/athome, click on 'In your area?' and type in your postcode. In my case it suggests I'd get 30-50 Mbps, which would pretty good (not that I really need it).
Wednesday 2 July 2014 11.06pm
I have been with Relish for one week. With the router positioned to receive the best (5-bar) signal I am getting 20-25mbps download and 9mbps upload, when connected via Wi-fi. For comparison, I was getting no more than 16mbps download and 1-2mbps upload with TalkTalk, which would slow quite noticeable on Sunday evenings.

Using an ethernet cable to connect to the Relish router gets 35mbps, so within the 30-50mbps indicated for my area, Tabard Street. All in all I am happy with the service. However, there was a loss of internet connectivity late last night. I rang their helpline at Midnight and still had no internet connection when I tried it again at 9am, but they do offer 14 day money back guarantee.
Thursday 3 July 2014 7.52am
I'm just around the corner from Tabard Street. I've only been able to connect twice since yesterday. It's all to do with signal. Whereas Peter gets five bars of signal, I'm lucky to get one. The only place it gets a signal now is too far away to plug my PC in via Ethernet cable. My speed is still only 6mbps down tops.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 13

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: