Relish Broadband

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Current: 13 of 13
Wednesday 1 June 2016 1.15pm
I am thinking to join Relish, can someone please give an update on this provider, I see the last update was from 2015, any improvements since?

thanks
Friday 8 July 2016 4.03pm
I can't really say "improvement," since it has always worked well for me and I signed up the day it launched. Mind you, I have never had occasion to raise a fault with them, so I've not had any experience of customer service. I'm in EC4 (but formerly of SE1, says he, defensively) and my record download speed is around 80Mb/s two weeks ago. More consistently, 25-30Mb/s is about the minimum during the day and it's 50-70Mb/s at night.

I'm dreading Relish's impending collapse. Their financial results earlier this year were abysmal (they lost something like 37M on 1M of revenue) and they were given a year by PCCW (their corporate parent) to sort themselves out or be shut down. You can do the maths yourself - 1M in revenue at 20/month means they have less than 4,200 users. No wonder my speeds are great.

When/if they go, I will be back at the mercy of ~7Mb/s DSL service. I can see the exchange building from my living room, so it isn't a distance issue, and I'm on an exchange only line so I will never get fibre.
Saturday 8 October 2016 4.06am
Relish is basically CRAP but it does work every now and then ..customer service is out sourced so you cant expect any real service .. real time .they will just ask you to reboot and reboot -
Sunday 30 October 2016 5.50pm
Hi , I have been looking for information on relish broadband and came across your posts regarding compatibility with sky.
we've been having the same problems as one/ or more I suspect !! of your users not able to download movies or box sets it just cancels after 20-30 seconds
Calls to relish have been frustrating with constant non return calls that they promise and finally on the fourth call they admitted they have a compatibility problem with sky and are trying to fix it , according to your dates on here this has been going on since Feb 2016 ??not what we were told, What's going on with fixing this issue , anybody have any further news or know a decent antenna broadband that is compatible with sky 👍
Thanks
Thursday 27 April 2017 11.37am
Hi Everyone,
I am new here.
Someone has given me a Relish Router and I am thinking in trying the service. I live in W2 and I was just wondering if anyone can enter in their router setup and at LTE tab tell me which values are there.
I want to establish if I can get a good signal or not before I commit to the service because as I am reconnecting the service am not entitled to the 14 day guarantee so I will have to stick with one month of service.
My valeus are:
LTE information
DL Frequency: 3590000Khz
Bandwidth: 20000Khz
RSRP1: -115dBm
CINR0: 4 dB
TX Power: 23 dBm
Cell ID: 3
UL Frequency: 3590000kHz
RSRP0: -117dBm
RSRQ: -9db
CINR1: 5dB
PCI: 442
ENodeB ID: 330106

Their customer service are useless. They asked me the number of lights showing at the router but then realise as I don't have an account and not connection there can't be a any lights on the router. The previous owner obviously cancelled the service.

Thanks
Monday 1 May 2017 8.05am
Well, I went ahead and connected the service anyway as it is a monthly basis, no contract and I could cancel anytime.
With the last parameters I posted I am getting between 7.5 to 12.5Mbps down and 1.5 to 3.5 Mbps up and I haven't had any disconnection since the service was activated but.only time will.tell...
It is far from perfect but I am getting better speeds than my neighbour's ADSL which is 7Mbps maximum.
I noticed that between 10pm to 2am is when the connection gets worse, around 7.5-8Mpbs down and 1.5Mpbs up maybe because the number of people.using it!?
At the moment, 8am, I am getting around 12.5Mpbs down and 4Mpbs up and 15 ping!
So.I will keep posting if I encounter any problems so people thinking in getting Relish service will be warned.
Monday 1 May 2017 8.12am
I had a deeply unpleasant experience trying to move from their 20/month plan to the 15/month promotion they had a little while ago. Eventually it was sorted out, but it required a lot of phone calls and frustration.

The service, meanwhile, continues to be good although it can slow down a bit in the evenings since someone nearby seems to have signed up with them as well, how annoying.

On the positive side Relish are being absorbed into Three, it looks like, so they will now have the financial stability they were lacking before.
Monday 1 May 2017 8.25am
Not in SE1 James wrote:
I had a deeply unpleasant experience trying to move from their 20/month plan to the 15/month promotion they had a little while ago. Eventually it was sorted out, but it required a lot of phone calls and frustration.
The service, meanwhile, continues to be good although it can slow down a bit in the evenings since someone nearby seems to have signed up with them as well, how annoying.

On the positive side Relish are being absorbed into Three, it looks like, so they will now have the financial stability they were lacking before.

Glad to hear that. So what speeds are you getting? Where are you based? How is your db and Sirn0?
Monday 15 May 2017 2.31pm
I don't know if it will help anyone but I made a makeshift reflector with piece of cardboard (18" X 10") covered in aluminium foil and place behind the router. It really increased the signal with a gain of aprox 10-12dB, which is not so bad for a simple solution like this. The RSRQ also went down 2-3dB and the CINR0 increased 3-4db.
But this will affect the Wi-Fi signal so I am using an old Huawei HG633 router that was laying around for the Wi-Fi signal only and the Relish router as a Modem/Lan. I disabled the wireless funcion on the Relish but let it manages the DCHP instead of forward to the Huawei router. With this config, I am getting 3 bars and usually RSRP below -100db.
The service has been reliable so far, no disconnections, but I notice that the service really degrades during peak times and weekends which is not a problem with signal but is probably due the service been oversold in my area.
Monday 15 May 2017 3.34pm
I had a poke around but I'm not sure where to find that technical information I'm afraid. I reverted to the original CPE I had (a B593) because I found the new device a bit miserable in terms of hanging on to a signal. The B593 shows full (that is, five) signal bars. I am at Ludgate Circus (EC4Y).

In terms of throughput, it depends a little on congestion. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was the only Relish service nearby, based on the WiFi SSIDs I could see. Now, annoyingly, there is another one and in their "we got a new service, let's try to download the entire Internet" phase things slowed down a bit. We seem to be mostly beyond that now and I am back to most of what I had before and in some cases better than what I reported earlier in this thread.

That is, I now get 3MBps (ie ~30Mbps) downloads pretty consistently all the time, and peaks of 7-9MBps (!!) at weekends. On the upload side I can get 3-4MBps but it's mostly around 2-2.5MBps, which is more than adequate. Needless to say, this knocks what I can get on ADSL from the exchange at Faraday 200m away (= well under 1MBps) into a cocked hat.

I'm planning to renovate my flat soon and as part of that I may install an appropriate LTE roof antenna assuming there's some way to attach it to the router, mostly to give me the freedom to move the device somewhere central. I'll install a mesh WiFi system inside and thereby become that annoying neighbour whose WiFi signal swamps everyone else's.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Current: 13 of 13

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network