Names for Heygate

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 13 June 2014 8.02am
How about Eviction Row...Swindle street....Rubbing their hands House....Not affordable crescent...Yippee We Dun it Road...
Friday 13 June 2014 8.18am
Transparency & accountability Lane?

... you know as a reminder for the "secret deal" between Lend Lease and the Council no one else is able to scrutinize.
Friday 13 June 2014 8.52am

Cllr Graham Neale wrote:
“The opposition councillors say they were told by a senior council officer that the Castle name was chosen for the leisure centre to complement the 'One The Elephant' branding of the adjacent Lend Lease tower of luxury housing.
"The council's Labour bosses ran a poll to find a name for the new leisure centre, then completely ignored it and made it up themselves," said Cllr Graham Neale, Southwark Liberal Democrats' shadow cabinet member for transport, environment and leisure.

"Sometimes the decision-making at Southwark Council makes North Korea look like a thriving democracy!”

There. You have it, Jan the old. This whole thing will be another exercise in phony local democracy by our beloved leader.

Why should you complain about the whole project or the way it was (mis-)lead if you get to choose the street names?

... Tut...Tut... Keep moving... there is nothing to see around.... move along, dear....
Friday 13 June 2014 9.21am
Taking inspiration from a local fanzine called "Save North Southwark" here are my suggestions for the White Elephant Park development:

Lying Toad Tower
Fat Cat Boulevard
Corporate Pig Alley
Bear Faced Liar Lane
Fast Buck Corner
Cash Cow Meadows
Leech Street
Snouts in the Trough Mews
The Old Duck 'n Dive Public House
Friday 13 June 2014 10.27am
how about free lunch lane?
would be a good street to put help and services for the ever popular homeless folk of southwark
Friday 13 June 2014 10.38am
LOL you lot! :-) don't suppose they will call the Estate on their advertising homes for got that wrong, not Homes, more like investment properties! anyway they can either call it The Spike...or guaranteed Spike Free developement...wonder if it will be a gated community to stop the hoi polloy invading to sit under the hundreds of trees that were on the Estate! and where did the statues go to? Carytids (?) I think they were called, may have spelt that wrong!
Friday 13 June 2014 10.46am
here's what we just published about this, really perplexed by the whole idea tbh
Friday 13 June 2014 10.56am
They can take our neighbourhood away from us but they will never take away our sense of humour.
Friday 13 June 2014 11.26am
and I remember Symington House, mind you the plans that were operating behind the scenes must have gone awry. About 100 tenants were told that after inspection the block was suffering from concrete fatigue caused by metal reinforcing ( surprised they did not try that one with the Heygate ) they told people they could stay at half rent or be moved while work was being carried out, most tenants took that option. Then people were moved from waiting list to occupy homes there. Then it was decided to move all people out, scaffolding was up for about a year if not more. Work was carried out, with a view to selling off properties it m akes me wonder if that was on the cards for symington. That was in the eighties, perhaps we had a party that was against selling off public property to developers, sorry done it thread...
Friday 13 June 2014 11.34am
I think we should also have a "Free Swimming Pass Mews"

... so to set in stone the promises that were made to SE1’s residents in the last election… let’s they be forgotten.

I am sure our bellowed leader Cllr John is not the kind of politician who dangle promises in front of the voters he already know he will not be able to keep.

It is not as if we have not been told who will benefit from those free pass, how much it will cost the community and when it will all happen? Right?

We could also have a “Brand New Kitchen Plaza”… let’s not forget about that one.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: