The Shard - Full Moon Reflection?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
TAK
Friday 13 June 2014 9.58am
Did anyone else see the shard lit up midway in middle of last night, far brighter tan the actually illumination on itís top? It was only for a minute or two or so and the light was slowly gliding to tyne left until it was vanished. I wonder if this could have been the reflection of the full moon?

Click here for pics
Friday 13 June 2014 10.40am
Wow Tak, they are great pictures, can you see that from TAK Towers! is the netting/scaffolding/ still up incidentally?
TAK
Friday 13 June 2014 5.28pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Wow Tak, they are great pictures, can you see that from TAK Towers! is the netting/scaffolding/ still up incidentally?

Yes it is Jan - Luckily I live at the top.

Despite Southwark Councils Press release on 10th April 2014 stating scaffolding would be down by end of May 2014, at present it's only been removed to about the 10th, maybe 8th floor max. I would guess it's going to take at least another two months until the flats on the lower floors get their daylight and use of balconies back.
My heart really goes out to those residents, after all they have been behind scaffolding since 19th January 2012 (that's 2 1/2 years!) and are still counting.

I really wish Southwark Council would not release such silly press releases, even more so if they cannot even adhere to what they promise. Southwark really seems to be all spin but no substance from what I have been experiencing in last few years. I find this very worrying indeed.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: