Lost small green parrotlet SE11

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 14 June 2014 4.37pm
Desparate to find our parrotlet, lost from our garden on 12.6.14 in SE11. 10-12cm tall bright green, black eyes, with black flecks in wings. Doesn't talk but chirps loudly. Very tame but shy with strangers. Eats soft fruits, cockatiel seed, oats, cereal, no milk, and water. Please keep an eye especially in your trees, gardens and balcony. She likes to land on heads, and responds to a clicking tone. If seen or found please call Karron 07735 153163 or link to parrotalert website.
Thank you. She is very sweet and is sorely missed. She can fly quite fast as wings not clipped. She has a grey ring around one leg.
Monday 16 June 2014 11.54am
I live in se11 and have a cockatiel. I will keep a lookout for her.
Monday 23 June 2014 9.11pm
LOST bright green parrotlet on 12.6.14 in SE11 area - Black Prince Road, Lollard St.
10-12 cm tall. with black flecks in wings. Chirps doesn't squark.
Black eyes. Very tame will sit on your hand or finger or head! but shy with strangers.
Eats soft fruits with seeds, oats, sunflower seeds, cockatiel food.
If found or taken in please call or txt 07735 153163.
Thank you.
Tuesday 24 June 2014 4.47pm
I hope this won't be a false lead but I was just walking through Newington Gardens/Jail Park (off Harper Road) and heard what sounded like a Parrot in the trees.

It was a series off squarks and chirrups followed by a whistle and definitely wasn't a starling or any other native songbird I've ever heard.

It was coming from a tall very leafy plane tree so despite my having a really good look for it, I couldn't see the bird making the noise.

I hope this helps.
Tuesday 24 June 2014 10.23pm
Stitch, the parrots you can hear are the green ring neck parrots which have been established for many yearsin london and surrounding area. They have just moved into the area this summer .

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: