St John's Ambulance first aid training

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 17 June 2014 12.15am
Tried to sign up for First Aid training at London Bridge with St John's Ambulance and was told my nearest centre is at Potters Bar. No idea where that is but St John's Ambulance tells me it's 14 miles away as opposed to the 10 minute walk to London Bridge.
Sorry chaps, you'll all just have to die, I can't get to the training.
Tuesday 17 June 2014 6.10pm
Hmm, that doesn't sound right as they have centres all over London. I'm St Johns Ambulance First Aid at Work qualified and did my training in Limehouse as it's quite easy for me to get to.
Tuesday 17 June 2014 7.42pm
Davies you've been given the wrong information. I did my first aid in the workplace training at the Borough High Street training Centre last Friday. It is definitely there! The course was very well done, by the way. You can book through this link:
Tuesday 17 June 2014 8.59pm
Try the British Red Cross instead: their have training facilities (for First Aid in the workplace) in Euston or Canary Warf.
Wednesday 18 June 2014 6.13am
But the point surely is that this website carried a news story about St. Johns Ambulance opening a new branch on Borough High St. And concluded by saying that there would be a course for locals on July 5. Perhaps James Hatts can clarify ? I have also tried contacting them but with no luck. Thanks James.
Wednesday 18 June 2014 9.07am
vicd just use the link that I posted above. Put in your postcode and the course that you want to do. They are there, and there are countless local courses - although of course perhaps every one might not be run locally. When I booked there was loads of choice for the emergency 1 day training.
Wednesday 18 June 2014 9.19am
Yes I think it's a case of making sure you pick the right course in the search thing - if you pick one that's not available at Borough High Street it will show the nearest centre that runs that particular course - which is why you got Potters Bar.

Searching for Essential first aid (all ages) brings up some courses at Alpha House.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 18 June 2014 5.29pm
I just put in basic and essential first aid and I get Potters Bar. It seems you have to know what courses are available in Borough by magic before you can pick the right pull down in the menu.

I eventually found the phone number and was guided through the maze.
Thursday 19 June 2014 8.39am
No. You don't have to know anything in advance. As James says, the search function on the site works just fine.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 19 June 2014 8.01pm
Except for the bit where you have no way of knowing what courses are offered locally and which are only available at Potters Bar because you can't search by location, only course title and there's no way of knowing which courses are offered where.

Please do search on Basic and Essential first aid and see what you get.

I only found what I needed after I phoned them to ask a person. The search function could be better designed.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: