Do you want a cat?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 17 June 2014 11.49am
I have a female tabby cat, about 8 years old, immunised, microchipped, spayed and house-trained, that I would like to give to someone who wants her and can offer her a good home. She is happy to be an indoor cat although she will also venture outside for a while if she can. She likes to snooze during the day and becomes more active at night. Good mouse catcher. She prefers adult company to children. I am happy to deliver her locally. Please PM me if you are interested.
Tuesday 17 June 2014 10.13pm
Take her to Battersea dogs & cats home - they will ensure she finds a loving and suitable home.
T: 0843 509 4444
Monday 23 June 2014 11.30am
That is the right thing to do.
Those that know (such as cat charities) advise against offering your cat out in personal adds as they can get taken for dog bait. SE1 isnít far from where that sort of stuff goes on.
Mind you, if you dis-like your cat as much as I do mine that might not be a problem!
Monday 23 June 2014 12.30pm
Agree with the sage advice of the previous posts to work with a rehoming group such as Battersea or Celia Hammond. They vet potential new homes carefully to ensure the animals are handed on to people who'll care for them.
Tuesday 24 June 2014 12.06am
@ Swiftus : Not awfully funny and pretty obnoxious to imply that you would have your cat torn apart by dogs for bait as you dislike her.

Celia Hammond rather than Battersea - they have a no kill policy.
Tuesday 24 June 2014 3.49pm
Battersea don't put animals down - they stay in the cattery until a home is found for them. But I agree with the other posts that to give away to a stranger is a very bad idea.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: