Tour de France

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 28 June 2014 10.46am
Hi Forum of Knowledge

Does anyone have any idea when we can expect the Tour to pass down by Southwark Bridge Road on Monday? I can find tonnes on the route but not the possible timings.

I am hoping to move my meetings around so I can go down and see it. Any help would be fab!

Cheers

C

Related news & features

Saturday 28 June 2014 12.11pm
Go to this page and select "Time Schedule" about halfway down the page under "A sporting view".

http://www.letour.com/le-tour/2014/us/stage-3.html

They should pass by between about 3.30pm and 4pm.
Saturday 28 June 2014 12.36pm
Just so that no-one is misled by the reference to Southwark Bridge Road above, the Tour is not coming south of the river this time (unlike 2007)

It is passing along Lower Thames Street, Upper Thames Street and Victoria Embankment (so Tower Bridge, Southwark Bridge and Westminster Bridge will all be shut to traffic).

Lots of travel info at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/campaign/tour-de-france-2014

(including details of the Congestion Charge-free diversion via Blackfriars Bridge during the Tower Bridge closure)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 28 June 2014 5.10pm
Thanks James - I will head over to the top of the bridge for 3pm.

Cheers

Chloe
Saturday 28 June 2014 8.45pm
ChloeB wrote:
Hi Forum of Knowledge
Does anyone have any idea when we can expect the Tour to pass down by Southwark Bridge Road on Monday? ...

... Thanks James - I will head over to the top of the bridge for 3pm.

Just to be clear by the way, when you say "Monday" - it is Monday 7th July when the Tour passes through London.
Sunday 29 June 2014 10.15am
i assume that the northern bit of London Bridge that the riders will go under will be closed to spectators? would be good to know the best viewing aras for those of us in se1. i heard they were riding around the Monument..anyone able to confirm?
Sunday 29 June 2014 4.04pm
Cheers Dave - I was getting my weeks messed up.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: