Hospital, hospital

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 9 July 2014 1.29pm
Was stopped by two roma today in our street, one was holding a card with a scrawl on it, saying hospital, hospital..I leant forward in order to read more clearly the card, ( which looked like a large scratch card ) just as her 'colleague' tried to get her hand in my shopping bag! I told her to go away sexually and repeated it in a loud voice!

One was dressed head to toe in voluminous black robes, cunning really as the top layer was small pleats with very handy spilts in it. Ideal for their type of work.. the other younger woman was dressed in a more western fashion. I thought she was wearing jeans but someone said she had a long skirt on. Have reported it, but tell anyone elderly in case they get robbed whilst trying to help!
Wednesday 9 July 2014 4.00pm
Where was this Jan?
Wednesday 9 July 2014 4.12pm
Did you contact the Police?
Wednesday 9 July 2014 5.45pm
jcpse1 wrote:
Did you contact the Police?

"Have reported it, but tell anyone elderly in case they get robbed whilst trying to help!"
Wednesday 9 July 2014 5.58pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Was stopped by two roma today in our street

Unpleasant event, but wondering how you were sure they were 'roma'.
Wednesday 9 July 2014 7.07pm
Unpleasant event, but wondering how you were sure they were 'roma'.

Cause they stand out a mile???? Hello. It's not racist, it's a fact.
Wednesday 9 July 2014 9.52pm
paulse1 wrote:

Cause they stand out a mile????

Do they? Not being confrontational, just curious.
Thursday 10 July 2014 8.37am
Janefs, initially it was the way they dressed, but as they walked away I thought I heard a few romanian words.

My brothers girlfriend is a romanian professor and is most incensed when people think the people shown on tv. are typical romanian people and the amount of drivers collecting patients from st.thomas's always are at pains to explain that they are not roma and they are here to work! and they are romanian . I try to practise my very limited greeting on them, they always smile and correct me...

It was in bartholomew street, the thing is if they can try it on someone who walks with a stick and who does not look in the first flush of youth, someone ten years older may not be as quick in their reactions.

The younger of the 2 when realising they had been rumbled started to say...Whittington hospital...streatham... yeah right. Bearing in mind the proximity to guys hospital really thought at first they were trying to find a hospital.
Thursday 10 July 2014 10.39am
Jan the old one wrote:
Janefs, initially it was the way they dressed, but as they walked away I thought I heard a few romanian words.

Thanks, Jan. I understand that 'Roma' are not to be confused with Romanians and are an unrelated ethnic group. From the negative way both are sometimes represented in our media, it's not surprising that mis-understandings arise, but with that sort of incident you're not going to stop and ask them to confirm their ethnic origin!
Thursday 10 July 2014 10.51am
Can we not just trust the word of the person that suffered the incident?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: