Grant Macdonald silversmith & goldsmith generator noise

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 9 July 2014 6.40pm
Unfortunately, all of last night the silversmith & goldsmith firm of Grant Macdonald on Bear Lane had a noisy generator running, actually sited in the middle of the street! I returned this evening to find the installation still there with an air of permanence.

I recognise the local power problems caused by the grossly inconsiderate contractors at a certain nearby construction site, and the need for a large, reliable supply for such a business. But I am surprised that a local professional, who has recently shown ambitions for public service, made no attempt to abate the noise or pollution. There are many young families within feet of the generator, in this summer weather.

Of course the usual channels are being pursued and I'm sure the forum readers share my expectations of those, so I hope this public message reminds those responsible of the real value of good neighbourliness, as we have known it until this week.
Thursday 10 July 2014 1.03pm
We are very sorry if the noise from the generator caused any inconvenience to any of our surrounding neighbours. As you might expect this generator is not owned by Grant Macdonald nor was it something we wanted/asked for. The Electrical work that is underway currently meant that our company would be without power for two days and this was the only option provided by the company UK Power Networks. So we had no choice but to agree to it much to our annoyance knowing full well that this would not be something the residents of Bear Lane would like on the street.

As of 11am this morning the power has been restored and the generator will be removed shortly so there is certainly no 'permanence' to the situation.

Unfortunately someone took it upon themselves to turn the power off using the 'emergency off' button at 1.36am this morning. This button is there in case of an emergency i.e. a fire. So it was very disappointing to see the two people responsible on CCTV turning off the generator causing huge disruption to our company this morning.

Anyway, once again we are sorry for any inconvenience this generator might have caused. If you would like to complain about this further please aim any correspondence at UK Power Networks not at Grant Macdonald LTD.

Kind regards

Grant Macdonald LTD
Thursday 10 July 2014 1.16pm
Grant Macdonald LTD wrote:
Unfortunately someone took it upon themselves to turn the power off using the 'emergency off' button at 1.36am this morning.

Were these two people in their pajamas and dressing gowns...?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: