Geraldine Mary Harmsworth dog community

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 9 July 2014 8.42pm
I walked through the park today and saw what I can only describe as a thriving community of dogs with their handlers, must have been around 20 dogs all running free in the bit by the football pitches, it was great to watch them doing their own thing.
Is this a regular thing, looked like the dogs knew each other well. There was a photographer there so I wondered if there was some kind of feature thing going on.
I have seen a little community over there before, nothing like this though, was lovely!
Thursday 10 July 2014 7.40am
As a dog nut and unable to have another dog, that sounds lovely..wish I had seen it boroughian..
Friday 11 July 2014 8.10am
Have you seen this Jan?

www.borrowmydoggy.com
Friday 11 July 2014 8.25am
boroughonian - there is a group called 'GMH Dog People'

http://www.friendsofgmhpark.org/?page_id=58

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 11 July 2014 8.42am
Ha, that explains it, cheers James.

I would urge anyone that might be passing at that time (3pm)to pop in and have a look, it's quite a site!
Friday 11 July 2014 12.17pm
jcpse1, thats lovely thank you, but if I borrowed a dog they'd never get it back....:-)
Friday 11 July 2014 1.32pm
I just made the mistake of signing up Jan and I fear that there may be wanted posters with my name on soon. I have already fallen in love with 4 local dogs. I am going to become a crazy old dog man!
Friday 11 July 2014 2.37pm
In 1983 coming out of the pub near my friends block there was a young lad playing with what looked like a coconut mat on legs puppy! It was late we stopped and spoke to the lad, it was about 11.30pm, I asked who's dog it was he said he had just found it and he was going to take it upstairs, I said I hoped his Mum liked dogs and he was not too sure. I ended up taking it home with the premise that I would find it's owner as surely such a little thing must have wandered away from his home. We took it to the Police station the following day, put posters up, the policeman said loads of people get rid of their dogs on bank holidays, just dumping them on the streets!

Dont worry said muggins here, I'll find it a new home...it did not go far....as far as number 11 in fact!

She lasted 18 and a half years with us, lived on whiskas cat food and left over roast dinners. Never had anything wrong with her. She stopped a break in , she was going crazy at the back door i thought she had heard or smelt a fox, the door was stuck I shoved against it, it went to the left, she went absolutely barking mad to the right and I saw a 6 foot plus guy jump over the fence. In fact he jumped all the fences in about 20 seconds! When the police called the officer said he had bigger feet than him, he measured the footprint and reckoned the crook must have worn size 13 shoes! and it was not for me little dog he would have got in..

She was a Norwich Terrier Cross, in the 13 years since she has been gone I still feel a pang when I open the door and she's not there to greet me..:-(

Prior to her we had a beautiful specimen of a Boxer , daft as a brush, his name was J.C. after courage's beer...Our Norwich Cross was called Brandy...the cat was called Whisky!

Now when I am retired since the age of 66 and thought about getting another dog fate conspired against me and threw a few obstacles in the way! lol

so JCPse1 I expect to see see you fly by my door with at least four four legged friends! :-)
Sunday 31 August 2014 6.17pm
Hi, I've just seen this thread.

There can be quite a lot of dogs being exercised at around 3 or 3.30ish on a weekday. Sometimes it's just a handful but as the OP said there can be up to 20. All friendly dogs are welcome.

As well as the FB page we have a newsletter with 135 people on the mailing list. Last month a dog gym was installed around the back of the museum and on August Bank Holiday Monday we attempted to run a dog show. The weather was Biblically wet, but the people who did turn up had a good time.

We look forward to seeing any of you there, with or without your own dog.

Mala

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network