Storytelling

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 12 July 2014 6.39pm
Hi

I'm a children's writer and storyteller and wondering if there is a small space somewhere I can use for telling stories - hopefully free like a community or church space.

Any suggestions?

Chitra
www.chitrasoundar.com
Zoe
Sunday 13 July 2014 8.19am
The libraries might let you do this, as they often have events to encourage children to read more (I'm presuming your stories are from books, but if not maybe you could link them to books that are similar).
Sunday 13 July 2014 8.22am
Thanks, I am already working with the libraries in Southwark on this. I'm looking for an event space that I could use regularly for community storytelling
Monday 14 July 2014 9.32pm
Chitra, if you could give me a few pointers on story telling I would greatly appreciate it.
I occasionally come home in the early hours to hear my wife say, "Okay, what's the story this time?"
I usually stand in the kitchen, gently, oh so gently swaying, just a tiny bit, while my usually fertile mind becomes infertile, and my brain grasps in vain for something intelligent, and more importantly, convincing to say.
This usually leads to a visit to a florist the following day, then dinner at Tentazioni that evening.
Tuesday 15 July 2014 11.11am
Tom Pepper wrote:
Chitra, if you could give me a few pointers on story telling I would greatly appreciate it.
I occasionally come home in the early hours to hear my wife say, "Okay, what's the story this time?"
I usually stand in the kitchen, gently, oh so gently swaying, just a tiny bit, while my usually fertile mind becomes infertile, and my brain grasps in vain for something intelligent, and more importantly, convincing to say.
This usually leads to a visit to a florist the following day, then dinner at Tentazioni that evening.

All those years driving a black cab Tom, you must have told her a whole slew of stories, shame on you, just re-hash some of those!
Still, I like her style, sticking you with dinner at Tentazioni.
Tuesday 15 July 2014 12.08pm
How about the foyer at the Unicorn Theatre when there are no shows on? The Student Union at KCL Guy's Campus out of term time, or Bermondsey Village Community Centre?
Tuesday 15 July 2014 4.16pm
Draper TA hall
just south of Elephant & Castle
please email me
office@grahamneale.com

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: