Mobile phone unlocking

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 13 July 2014 10.14pm
Some advice fellow se1ers please. I have to go abroad for work and need to get my mobile unlocked. Any recent recommendations would be much appreciated.
Monday 14 July 2014 9.10am
Hi Lady

I actually just used the phone shop under the bridge at the top end of Waterloo Road last week. It was a locked US phone which I desperately needed unlocked as my Samsung S3 is in the shop. I had nothing to use. It wasn't an easy unlock (I tried several places up by oxford st) and everyone had told me it couldn't be done. - They managed it.

I am now luckily using my US T-mobile branded phone while my main one is in the shop. I highly recommend them and I have no affiliation what so ever. Just a REALLY happy customer.

C
Monday 14 July 2014 9.47am
Thanks ChloeB, I'll give them a go.
AD
Monday 14 July 2014 10.27pm
What I didn't realise until recently was your provider must supply you with the code to unlock the phone when your contract expires. Orange charged me 20 recently and this way maintains any warranties too.
RZ
Monday 14 July 2014 11.34pm
O2 have a form on their website to request unlocking. Undoubtedly there are some conditions that I'm not aware of, but they unlocked my (still in contract) iPhone without any fuss. I think it was free of charge too.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: